Homesteading Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Jeanetta Williams, the President of the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People, has publicly disagreed with statements made by Utah’s chapter of Black Lives Matter. The founder of this chapter, Lex Scott, posted the message. Black Lives Matter is a movement started by the Black community in 2013 to publicly protest against racially motivated violence against them, including police brutality.

Utah’s chapter released a statement 4th of July weekend saying that the American flag is a symbol of hate and that people who are proudly flying it are most likely racist and to be avoided. The NAACP voiced immediately that they do not agree with the idea that the American flag sends a racist message. The NAACP followed that statement by saying that the flag is for all people who have worked and are working to create “the best of the American experience”.

Utah’s chapter said things along the lines of a person flying the American flag lives in a different America than they, it is a symbol of hate, and that those who fly it have questionable intelligence. The NAACP has made it clear that equality for all and living in harmony is their goal, which directly negates Scott’s statements of the chapter and herself distancing themselves from passionate American flag wavers.

The NAACP argues that the flag stands for real patriots who believe in justice for all. They also recognize the failures of the nation when it comes to people of color, but still do not reject the flag as the Utah chapter does. Scott argues that his statements making headlines in the problem itself because we have never seen headlines that point out the KKK’s devotion to the American flag. Scott wants everyone to continue supporting the NAACP even though they publicly disagreed with her.

NAACP Disagrees With Utah’s Chapter of BLM | Liz Fe Lifestyle | NewsBreak
Borrowed from another thread.

American flag is racist...again

·
Premium Member
21,061 Posts
I didnt think there were enough people of color to even have a BLM in Utah.
Montana, Idaho and Wyoming respectively have the lowest black population in the country at least from what I googled, and I have t heard of anything in Idaho. Funny thing, when you google the first three, the only that comes up under BLM is the Bureau of Land Management.

·
Registered
21,546 Posts
I didnt think there were enough people of color to even have a BLM in Utah.
Montana, Idaho and Wyoming respectively have the lowest black population in the country at least from what I googled, and I have t heard of anything in Idaho. Funny thing, when you google the first three, the only that comes up under BLM is the Bureau of Land Management.
Perhaps they all fled the state out of fear of our flag?

Reactions: Tom Horn

·
STILL not Alice
20,408 Posts
Well, we don't need NAACP any more, because Biden has asked the UN to investigate the horrible racism in the least racist country in the world.

Yeah, we're basically screwed.

·
Registered
17,070 Posts
My experience has been that most black people I know don't feel that way. They are proud to be American even though we can be dysfunctional at times.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts