Mystery plant, just for fun

Discussion in 'Plant and Tree Identification' started by Wildcrofthollow, Jul 12, 2005.

1. Wildcrofthollow

Wildcrofthollow Well-Known Member

My wife and I run a (very) small botanical sanctuary for native plants. We are really just beginning to get it together. Still, I have a lot of photos of different kinds of plants.
    I thought it might be fun to post a new picture every month or so... A couple of folks here have done this sort of thing in the past. I thought it was big fun :) So, let me know if you would like me to continue it, and here is the first plant for you to try out.

It is a pretty easy one.... Grows in rich cove forests and is a shrub.

http://www.wildcrofthollow.com/pages/6/index.htm

2. Tater'sPa

Tater'sPa Well-Known Member

That is a great idea and it's a lot of fun, a great way to explore Mother Natures plants. Yes by all means please continue!!
    I know this one but will hold off with my answer :)
    Bill

3. AngieM2

AngieM2 Big Front Porch advocate

I love this idea...

I'll be watching to see what it is. Do it as frequently as you are comfortable with.

Angie

4. seedspreader

seedspreader AFKA ZealYouthGuy

5. Wildcrofthollow

Wildcrofthollow Well-Known Member

Thanks Bill, for letting the suspense build up. (I've seen some of your other posts so I know you know your plants) Even though it only lasted for another hour! :)

Yes, It is Mapleleaf Viburnum, Viburnum acerifolium. Some folks call it Dockmackie. This one bloomed in my woods about a month ago, there were quite a few of them and they were beautiful.

Boy, Ya'll are good at this. Ok, I'll put another one up soon. Stay tuned.