Homesteading Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just tracked down a foul odor in my kitchen to a bag of brown goop lurking in the back of the dry goods, possibly once containing onions but now containing a myriad of bug larvae.

:help:

·
Also known as Jean
1,509 Posts
Or maybe potatoes? They doooooooooooo stink when they rot (as do onions.....). Ack. I'm glad you found the source!

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
I'm glad I'm not the only one. I had filled a lunchbox with eggs to take to town, forgotten it on the table, and one of the kids put it in a dark cupboard. A week later I was sure that something had died in my kitchen, kept dumping vinegar down the sink, washing dishes, peering under the sink looking for a dead mouse or an elephant or something.

Finally found the eggs while looking for an elusive tupperware lid, lord, that was the grossest thing ever. Our BURN BARREL stunk for two weeks.

The week after that I was on my way to work and smelled the dead smell again in the car. I was so afraid that it was me, lol, because I had been standing by the barrel. I knew it was impossible for scent to linger like that, but couldn't figure out what was going on.

Later I ran out to the car for something and the whole thing smelled horrifying, so I tracked it down. Then I called my daughter.

"Hi honey, you know that package of chicken that you told me three times that yes you DID put it in the fridge?"

"WELL YOU DIDN'T!!!!"

lololol, it's funny now.

hollym....is not off poultry, but intends to become more aware someday

·
Site Admin's Boss
481 Posts
I'm always surprised when things like that happen to me. I always think, not in MY kitchen, someone else's perhaps...I guess I don't have things as under control as I would like. :)

You are not alone, my friend.

·
Premium Member
7,296 Posts
I used to stow onions and potatos away out of sight. No more, I've learned.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.