my wonderful girls

Discussion in 'Cattle' started by blessedspotfarm, Jan 27, 2005.

1. blessedspotfarm

blessedspotfarm Active Member

I have 2 great jersey heifers Mocha and Latte'.... we raised them from 3 days old

They are being bred this month at a farm down the road

Its been about 10 years since my last cow ... I supported myself in college with the sale of ice cream, milk and other products...

I would love any info on new products/suppliers for equipement, receipes, any and all tips...

We will be raising off spring for sale (girls) and processing(boys)

Thanks!!

2. Christina R.

Christina R. Well-Known Member

I just started the cow end of things this past Aug. after raising my little girl since she was 5 weeks old. I started going on ebay from the time I bred her (for a pasteurizer, milk buckets, strainer, etc., etc.) I wasn't able to get any of it. Along comes Aug. and I'm starting to panic, so I ordered the stainless steel buckets from a vet supply place. The only thing about them is I wish they had a flat lip for easier pouring. I bought a canning funnel and a smaller funner (both stainless steel) at Wal mart or Ace hardware, and got the filters, pasteurizer, cheese making stuff, etc. at Hoeggers Goat Supply.

There is a barter board on this site and I did put a post there, but nothing ever came of it.

Needless to say I asked people who maybe knew someone in one of the bigger ddairy states if the person they knew had anything, checked out garage sales when we visitied farm country in Conn., etc, etc. Hope this helps.

3. blessedspotfarm

blessedspotfarm Active Member