My Wifes Tracker

Discussion in 'Shop Talk' started by big rockpile, Sep 6, 2006.

1. big rockpile

big rockpile If I need a Shelter

Well Guy messed the Crankshaft up,had it fixed kind of,well Bolt busted,this Guy seems to think he can back it out and put a New Bolt in.

I'm wondering if she shouldn't just put a New Engine in,she found one that she can have put in for $2,000 Warrentied for 3 years,unlimited miles.I'm thinking this is the best considering,the Body and everything else is good.

What you guys think?? :shrug:

big rockpile

2. Cabin Fever

Cabin Fever Life NRA Member since 1976 Supporter

I'd let the guy put the new bolt in. He messed it up, so replacing the bolt should be for free.....right?

You can always put a new engine in it....but wait until you need it.

3. big rockpile

big rockpile If I need a Shelter

No this Guy didn't mess it up.The first Guy messed it up,the Bolt backed out,messed the end of the Crankshaft up,couldn't get him to fix it because it had been so long,like 6 months.Well another Guy welded the Sprocket on I guess,but anyway it lasted about a month.Now this new guy is working on it.

Either way the Crankshaft is messed up,and they might get it going,but for how long.I just don't like her having it quit on her.The only way to fix it right is to have the Engine rebuilt or replace it. :shrug:

big rockpile

4. beowoulf90

beowoulf90 Well-Known Member Supporter

If you can afford to replace the motor, I would do it. There is no sense wasting time playing around with the old motor and not knowing how long it will last. At least with the new motor you have the warranty. JMHO

5. mightybooboo

mightybooboo Well-Known Member

Can you R and R the motor yourself?Is the Geo tracker available as a JDM,those are fine engines.Thats a good route to take to save some bucks.

Rebuild(or is it a factory crate motor,better still) installed for 2 grand,that sounds pretty fair TO ME,IMHO.

IMHO again,I view those Japanese engines as disposible.JDM a couple engines on a Mazda truck,I swear by em.Plus they have the carb,exhaust,intake,smog junk,power steering pump,alternator and everything else as part of the package.If its bolted on the engine,it comes with it.
    Super deal.

BooBoo