1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Shepherd
1,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I love these farm boots, I really do.
But with every step, my socks start to pull down farther and farther until
they slip completely off my feet.

Then the boots rub until the blisters start.

Has anyone else had this problem? Am I wearing the wrong kind of socks?

·
Registered
706 Posts
What type of socks do you wear? You can try wearing cotton socks and wool sock over them, at least in the winter.

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Are the boots a little loose in the foot though they fit your calf? Often a poorly fitted boot causes me this problem.

·
Premium Member
7,154 Posts
If you have a high arch, you will need boots that fit loose to have enough room to shove your foot down into them. Loose boots work up and down on you feet as you walk. This causes your socks to work down. You could duct tape your socks to your legs, or get foot wear with means of tightening the ankles after you get then on.

·
Registered
3,030 Posts
Gold-toe brand crew socks seem to have really good elastic. If I wear worn out, or cheapie socks with mine, they do the same thing! In the winter I wear those grey wool hunting socks with red tops, and they don't seem to slip down either. They must be either too tall or too heavy.

·
Registered
9,582 Posts
.......................Go online and peruse the selection of Red Wing Boots . I'm sure you'll find a pair that'll fit better than what you are currently suffering with.........fordy..... :eek: :)

·
Registered
989 Posts
my dh swears by red wings. Check into getting better quality socks, though first b/c red wings are costly. If you do look into the redwings, check into the ones with sewn insoles-not glued. The glued ones last about a year or less. We had one pair of his red's repaired 3 times, I think. We finally ended up with a pair of red's steel toe tennis shoes...he had an ankle injusry that gave him fits when trying to wear the boots. and no more dealing with "quitters"!

·
Registered
3,622 Posts
I use ankle length white athletic socks because I have the same problem. As long as the socks cover your ankle bone you'll be fine.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts