My Stocking Collection

Discussion in 'Countryside Families' started by Ninn, Dec 18, 2006.

1. Ninn

Ninn Custom Crochet Queen

has apparently taken on a life of it's own this year. I made my annual pilgrimage to the local Salvation Army store on Saturday. Every year, I go in and buy one, maybe two new Christmas Stockings to add to my collection. There are criteria that must be met, and I never spend more than 5 dollars total. They must be unique. They must be beautiful. They must be hand made. They must speak to my heart in some way. This year, I went a week late. I will go late forever after. I spent 3.50 and bought 12-count 'em, 12 new stockings and a pillow with stockings on it. I also found 2 thigh-high stockings for DDIL to modify into boots. She is quite inventive like that. They actually still have more stockings to put out at the thrift shop this year. Since I have to make a trip for more worn out jeans (i ran out of ours), I may get more stockings yet!! I even found 4 beautiful quilted stockings that now hang on the doors in my kitchen. DH hasn't noticed the additions yet, but I expect an explosion any day now. There are Christmas stockings on every wall in the living room, down both sides of the hallway and now on into the kitchen. And that does NOT include the ones we actually use!! I hung a 4 foot long stocking with a cat head on it directly across from our front door-he hasn't noticed it yet. (or if he has, he has conceded the "battle") ( At least he only has to deal with my obsession for a month. I have to contend with Earnhardt memorabilia on a daily basis!!.....lol. )

2. holleegee

holleegee Well-Known Member

Can you post a picture Please!! It sounds like a neat collection!

3. Tricky Grama

Tricky Grama Well-Known Member

Ninn-

I collect Christmas stockings too!! I have the one I had as a tiny tot & just kept some from the years. I only have a few tho-but my criteria is just like yours!

Patty

4. Farmer Willy

Farmer Willy Well-Known Member Supporter

That is so not what I thought you were talking about. Pardon me while I blush.

5. Ninn

Ninn Custom Crochet Queen

Thank you!! I really needed both the visual and the chuckle I got from that statement!!! (FYI-I don't wear stockings-can't stand the durn things. Skirts either. ) Get your mind out of that gutter, I wear blue jeans!!!!