My squirrel dog doesn't think too kindly of me this evening!

Discussion in 'The Great Outdoors' started by r.h. in okla., Jan 9, 2007.

1. Loaded her up this morning and took her for a long ride. She thought she was going huntin. Instead she went to vet office and got herself spaded. She jumped out of the jeep and started barking in anticipation of finding her first squirrel and then got confused of all the buildings standing instead of tree's! Went back and picked her up this evening and she was looking very sad and hurtful of what I had done to her. :Bawling:

Oh Well! Don't have to worry about puppies from her anymore. :dance:

2. elkhound

elkhound Well-Known Member Supporter

well at least you dont have to worry about coming in heat during hunting season now.but you will have to watch her weight a bit closer.most spayed hunting dogs i been around gain weight quick.you have hurt her feelings bad...better give her some TLC over the next week.you need to regain hr trust and respect......these type dogs arent hard headed like a hound.my old elkhound female knows what i am going to do before i do it.she is a smart dog.i know a fellow that has airdales and they are smart dogs also.good luck and give the dog the extra TLC

3. poorboy

poorboy Well-Known Member Supporter

She won't hold it against ya, and will probably work out much better than a male... :hobbyhors

4. bgak47

bgak47 Well-Known Member

She'll be back to her normal self in no time... but she may be reluctant to take that next ride.

5. arcticow

arcticow Well-Known Member

Somewhere tonite, you have broke a poor cur dog's heart!!!!!

6. big rockpile

big rockpile If I need a Shelter

Well she will Love you for scratching her Stitches..Problem is you will have to rub her belly forever.

big rockpile

7. posifour11

posifour11 Well-Known Member

she's gonna hate you forever...... or until you whistle for her to go hunting!!!