My Spring

Discussion in 'Homesteading Questions' started by big rockpile, Mar 15, 2005.

1. big rockpile

big rockpile If I need a Shelter

Here is the spring on my property.It runs year round,I've thought about daming it up,making a Fishing Hole.But its kind of neat the way it is.Plus I have all kinds of fishing close by.

[​IMG]

big rockpile

2. NativeRose

NativeRose Texas Country Grandma

Wow. I would love to have a spring on our place. There are artesian springs on my cousins property which is next to ours. If we could ever afford to drill through the rock slab which is just under our property maybe we could have a spring. You are really blessed. I can think of all kinds of uses for your spring.

3. SteveD(TX)

SteveD(TX) Well-Known Member

Nice pic. It looks a lot like ours, which feeds into the 1500 acre lake we are on. Years ago, beavers dammed up the end next to the lake and made a little pond, also creating a small waterfall. We see the deer playing in the pond sometimes. It's really hilarious, they like to take turns jumping into the water and splashing around.

4. Hermit

Hermit Active Member

It looks real pleasant there. I don't know what I'd do if it were my place, but I would probably lean toward leaving it as it is - though it does look like you could make a pond work. I'm sure frogs and other critters would move in and provide a cacophony of sound on summer evenings that might be nice.