Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
732 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My oldest DS will be going back into the hospital Monday for another surgery. He is still having a hard time breathing as a result of the grade 3 subglottic stenosis that he had from the accident. He was in the hospital from January - March and been back in every month since for a surgery. At his doctors appointment on Tuesday, we were told to expect this to continue for the next 6 months or so. I guess this is still better than the alternative sugery that the Dr. is trying so hard to avoid ( a trachea rebuild).

This has been hard on my son. He is SO tired of being in the hospital. He is tired of not being able to breathe. It makes him have a bad attitude with me. He gets very frustrated. Not to mention, the brain injury that he has and the 14yo boy syndrome (LOL)! :help: I also do not like the fact that with the brain injury he is still being "put under" (general anesthesia) so many times! I have read that studies have linked this to depression! Anyone else heard this?

Oh, please, if you can spare a second to keep him in your thoughts, prayers or whatever you believe in, please do so. I would greatly appreciate it. :)

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
I'm praying for your son! :)

Anesthia does have it's own set of problems. I've never heard of the depression thing before, but it doesn't surprise me. Many people whose loved ones have Alzheimers don't want anesthia for the person with AD, it's been shown it makes them progress with the disease even further.

Kat

·
Premium Member
1,842 Posts
He is in my prayers. I have a mountain mover for a Father, how about you?

·
Registered
732 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I will definitely update on Monday. Thanks everyone for praying for him and thinking about him. He has spent the evening at the county fair trying to do some fun things before Monday gets here. I am so lucky to still have him, so I guess I shouldn't really complain... It's a miracle that he survived the accident. And every time we go back to the hospital, we hear different stories from respiratory therapists and nurses (that he had before) that just verifies how lucky we are. They are more telling now than they were in January! lol

·
Premium Member
1,724 Posts
prayers here

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi, May God Bless Your family and keep you strong, keep an eye out for depression because anyone with an injury that changes normal daily routine is at risk to be depressed.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts