Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
963 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 25 year old son might be getting married today and I am a wreck. Not because I am finishing up details...oh no. But because I was told on Friday and asked if I was busy today.

Seems they both had the day off and decided to get married. He bought a suit that he picks up at 1 pm today. She got a dress. That was the end of the plans.

Fortunately they could apply for the license online...they did on Friday or Saturday. Hopefully it will be there for them this morning.

Then they will get ready and find someone to marry them.

I have three outfits to my name that somehow got bleach stained. So, off I go this morning to look for a decent dress.

This is going to be one for the memory books. They are so funny.

·
Registered
16,445 Posts
My 25 year old son might be getting married today and I am a wreck. Not because I am finishing up details...oh no. But because I was told on Friday and asked if I was busy today.

Seems they both had the day off and decided to get married. He bought a suit that he picks up at 1 pm today. She got a dress. That was the end of the plans.

Fortunately they could apply for the license online...they did on Friday or Saturday. Hopefully it will be there for them this morning.

Then they will get ready and find someone to marry them.

I have three outfits to my name that somehow got bleach stained. So, off I go this morning to look for a decent dress.

This is going to be one for the memory books. They are so funny.
Congrats. Remember, it's not about the wedding, it about the marriage.

·
Registered
496 Posts
Sounds like a great idea! Be happy they aren't spending a ridiculous amount of money on a wedding.

Can you pick up the fixings for a gourmet salad, get a nice bottle of wine, and hit up your local italian food restaurant for a big pan of lasagna or fettucine or something for a nice dinner for everyone?

Congratulations!

·
Registered
21,227 Posts
Good for them and I hope they are very happy. Look on the bright side. If, God forbid, the marriage doesn't work out, at least with kids like that you won't have to worry about a protracted divorce. They could get in an argument at noon and have the divorce finalized by 2 PM.:gaptooth:

·
Registered
4,569 Posts
I got married in a used car dealership after a two week engagement...it seemed like forever but it all worked out to a lifetime of happiness together. Congrats to you and your son and his bride! And be glad you get to share in the event...no parents came to ours because they didn't approve...afterward she won over my parents quickly, and hers finally accepted that I wasn't going away after the first twenty years or so.

T

·
0 Posts
I got married in a parking lot at a car show... My Father's best friend was a preacher, and he said at the end of the evening, that we would still be married no matter where we had it done! It was a fun night!
His kids' Mom (his first wife) surprised us with silk flowers. A friend of ours made little wedding cupcakes. A couple other friends took pictures. We handed out "drink tokens" with all the cash folks tried to give us - and ended up spending $400 on beer! LOL! Our kids stood up with us...

It was so much fun!

Attachments

·
Registered
206 Posts
Congratulations to you all!

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
I love love love the way they chose to get this done!

·
Registered
963 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
It is done!! So beautiful I cried. Darn. First my son shows up in his first ever tailored suit, she in a Grecian style knee length dress. Gorgeous.

Then, they had written their own vows...I had no idea my son had that in him! The license was $50 and the chapel was $65. I am taking everyone out for dinner.

When my nine year old was three years old he planted a tiny spider plant in a paper cup. It grew and grew. We took off one of the "babies" and planted it in a pot. We are giving that to them with a card saying we hope it continues to grow and they can give a spider "baby" to their child.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Congratulations to your son, new daughter in law and to you as well. What a happy, happy day. Hope someone took a picture or two and you can post them for all of us to see ya know,share the joy! God bless.

T

·
0 Posts
It is done!! So beautiful I cried. Darn. First my son shows up in his first ever tailored suit, she in a Grecian style knee length dress. Gorgeous.

Then, they had written their own vows...I had no idea my son had that in him! The license was $50 and the chapel was $65. I am taking everyone out for dinner.

When my nine year old was three years old he planted a tiny spider plant in a paper cup. It grew and grew. We took off one of the "babies" and planted it in a pot. We are giving that to them with a card saying we hope it continues to grow and they can give a spider "baby" to their child.

Fantastic and fabulous! I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE Their Choices!
Please share with them everyone's best wishes on here!

What a GREAT start to a great life!
I am all wiggly FOR THEM... LOL!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts