Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My serama eggs are hatching! I'm so excited. I'm in love with these tiny terrors. And my first chick is definitely a terror. He (I'm almost certain its a he) has a tiny comb I can see already and keeps herding the others around like a little sheep chicken. LOL.

I bought 18, got 24 and had 13 in lockdown. 7 so far have hatched, I love all the different colors! Despite having bought the crappiest incubator on the planet and some of the most difficult eggs to hatch (so I've been told) I have 7 chicks!!

Attachments

·
Registered
39 Posts
Aww I adore the little one who fell over. <3 I hope little Mr. Sheep-Chicken didn't knock it over :p

I can't WAIT to get my chickens. Even hubby, Mr. Never-Had-A-Pet-Before-He-Met-Me, has named them already LOL.

L

·
0 Posts
My serama eggs are hatching! I'm so excited. I'm in love with these tiny terrors. And my first chick is definitely a terror. He (I'm almost certain its a he) has a tiny comb I can see already and keeps herding the others around like a little sheep chicken. LOL.

I bought 18, got 24 and had 13 in lockdown. 7 so far have hatched, I love all the different colors! Despite having bought the crappiest incubator on the planet and some of the most difficult eggs to hatch (so I've been told) I have 7 chicks!!
Handle them lots. They have personalities that don't quit!

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
CH the little one on its back seems to like to sleep that way!!

LC i'm just itching to pick up the sweet little fuzzies!!!! I have one more thats hatched and another thats pipped and that makes 8 hatched out of the 9 I expected! Not a bad hatched for this breed.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I've got 9!!! I'll post better pics later today or tomorrow. The last one hatched this morning. I love these little fuzzies! My DH was resigned to this newest animal obsession of mine but as soon as he saw them bumbling around in the brooder he was hooked. *cue evil laugh* MUAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
How many serama chicks can you fit in a coconut shell? About 9, but they'll jump up to stand on the edge!

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts