Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Accidental Farmer
14,837 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am glad I did this this year, even though my garden is not big yet (will be larger next year) I planted some early girl tomatoes and peppers this year for the poor, its not much, but today i picked 1 whole grocery bag of maters and a half bag of pepers today....this time I gave it to the baptist church down the road for thier food closset. I know someone will appreciate them. Next year I want to plant a larger row for sure. Sometimes I bring it to work and share them with some folks I know that have a harder time. As today is my day off, I took it to the church down the road instead....now i've spent too much time chatting ehre (easy to do, I've got to finish makin' my tomato sauce for the canner! bye for the day, have a good one all!)

·
Registered
491 Posts
Good for you!

Plant a Row for the Hungry is a national program to get food into the hands of individuals and groups that can best use the food. I found information at http://www.gardenwriters.org/Par/index.html. One of my local nurseries is participating. You can probably find out more about PAR in your community by googling "Plant a row for the hungry" and the name of your town.

·
Registered
3,676 Posts
They've started this at our farmer's market! I took down 10 pounds of zuchinni and took a huge bag of my sister's tomatoes. It's nice to able to provide a small portion for a good cause.

·
Registered
865 Posts
That is an amazing idea! We will have to do this next season.
Wonderful that you have all started PARs.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts