My ride is broken

Discussion in 'Countryside Families' started by moopups, Dec 8, 2006.

1. moopups

moopups In Remembrance

In beautiful downtown Sticks, near Belleview, Fl.
    Its a 1987 Ford van, the right rear tires bolts are in failed status, I limped home the day before yesterday, with it hopping about 4 inches per tire revolution. But timed it right and made it without having to walk or inconvenience others.

Got the required replacement parts yesterday, after a visit to 3 different auto parts places, it was too late to try to do the repair after that. Currant weather indicates a 'non human friendly orientation' in that there is strong wind doing its thing this early in the morning. Tomorrow (later today) shall be a challenge.

2. suzfromWi

suzfromWi Well-Known Member Supporter

Why do things like that always happen in the winter. seems like all vehicles wait till its freezing out to fall apart...Good luck with that, maybe a bottle of Blackberry Brandy in your back pocket would get ya through. That is unless you dont do alcohol like me, then it would have to be hot choc. :shrug:

3. Pony

Pony Well-Known Member Supporter

Bummer, Moopups. We're having trouble with our vehicles, too, but it's teaching us how to accomodate each others' schedules. 3 adults + 2 cars = cooperation so all can get to work.

Frankly, though, I prefer having my own vehicle when I want it. So spoiled I am!!

DH was out in the bitter cold working on the 89 Cherokee the other day. Lousy starter went out. It's an incredibly stupid design, but the part is under warranty, so it's free. Still, these things only seem to happen when it's frigid outside... Good thing DH prefers single-digit temps to heat, at least when the vehicles break down.

If you don't have to go anywhere, you may as well stay in and wait for the weather to moderate. I know I wouldn't go out in this if I didn't have to!

Pony!