Homesteading Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had a really bad chest/head cold (or something), and the past several days I feel like I'm blowing my nose about 50 times an hour. (I use TP for kleenex, and good thing there's a stockpile of it around here because I'm sure using a lot of it!).

Anyhoo, my nose is red, chapped, and sore. The skin is even splitting and bleeding.

What can I put on it to soothe it?

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
I soooo feel your pain (as I sit here with a Rudolph nose) I put a thin film of Vaseline or antibiotic.
This is awful..lol Hope you feel better soon.(((HUGS)))

·
Premium Member
4,281 Posts
Vaseline or equivalent thereof, day and night. Heal fast!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I used antibiotic ointment until it got all better. Because that's what I could find in the medicine chest.

The bag balm sounds like something I should keep on hand. :)

·
Registered
2,292 Posts
splurge for yourself and buy some gentle puffs w/ lotion. I have allergies and I am tied to puffs for days/weeks so I consider Puffs a great invention for mankind.:p every time you blow reapply your healing stuff. I like Carmex.

Sorry for your cold they are so miserable. Whoever said a cold only lasts a week is an idiot. Mine always last much longer (weeks..before it is all cleared out). The cold part (runny nose)is easy its the after the cold junk that will kill me. :mad:

·
Registered
3,656 Posts
I just thought to put aquaphor on mine. Also puffs are a god send. Hope you feel better soon.

·
Budding homesteader
893 Posts
I agree with okiemom about the Puffs tissues with lotion--it makes a HUGE difference. To help your nose heal, try Carmex (in the jar, applied with a clean cotton swab so that you don't contaminate the jar). It'll sting a bit at first, but it will help the dry, cracked skin heal.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts