My plants are being eaten by worms!

Discussion in 'Gardening & Plant Propagation' started by Goat Freak, Sep 3, 2005.

1. Goat Freak

Goat Freak Slave To Many Animals

Does anyone know how to kill plant eating worms, we had a tomatoe plant and a pumpkin eatin by nasty green worms. I would like to start a garden, a real one this tim, but I am afraid to waste my seeds. If anyone can help i sure would appreciate it, Thanks Bye.

2. Ralph Roces

Ralph Roces Member

I make a solution of half head of garlic, I smash it very well in a gallon of water and a couple of drops of dish washer detergent I let them sit for 24 hours and it help a lot in the garden but the only problem you have to spray very often, but its organic, and I think this helped my tomatoes this year a lot I am having a great year with this and this spray, I know for a fact that slugs hate it, so some black small beatles, I don't know theirs name jbut they attack my eggplants like crasy... good luck. This works but you get tired of spraying and spraying and ....... :sing:

3. Jen H

Jen H Well-Known Member

Ducks.

Get some flightless ducks, put up low chicken-wire fences around your garden beds so they can't trample on in there (chicken wire and bamboo keep my pekins and indian runner out of the beds). Any worm, bug, or slug wandering between beds or landing on the ground between the beds will be history. They'll also lean in and clean bugs out of the beds themselves if they can reach.

The "miracle grow" you'll find in their wading pool is an added bonus. Man alive, does that ever grow huge pole beans. Plus they're cute and will follow you around begging for treats (mine like peas).

4. Ravenlost

Ravenlost Well-Known Member Supporter

Chickens do a good job cleaning up plant eating insects too!