My pigglet got out

Discussion in 'Pigs' started by tresieg3, Nov 27, 2005.

1. tresieg3

tresieg3 Active Member

:bash: Well I got up this morning and my little pig was out and let my ducks out also :D It was funny but hard to get him back in,everywhere the ducks went the pig would fallow I got him back into the pin and before I could turn around he was back out under the fence :bash: My falt should have fixed before putting him back in, but it was kinda funny he went right back to the duck pin, so we took the ducks and put them in with him been there all day pig seems happy now :clap: and the ducks dont seem to mind. I took them out for the night dont trust him he might eat them :confused: not sure but dont want to take a chance.

2. Goat Freak

Goat Freak Slave To Many Animals

Glad to hear that you got him back in his pen! By the way, I have heard that some pigs do eat chickens, ducks, and other poultry. Good Luck with the little guy, see ya, bye.

3. GeorgeK

GeorgeK Well-Known Member

piglets can be a fence out proposition

4. ihedrick

ihedrick Can't stop thinkin'

I'm glad you got the little guy back in. I'd be hesitant to have any small animal in with pigs. One of my chickens got into the pen to get some feed that had spilled...needless to say if a pig thinks he is missing out on food...all hell broke loose! Feathers everywhere, clucking, sqeeling, and such and I just had to wait until they were done with her. Needless to say she did not survive four pigs trying to get their share of whatever she had.
    To make it worse; there was feed in their pan! They just thought she had something better.

5. tresieg3

tresieg3 Active Member

WELL ALL IS GOOD STILL IN HIS PEN , :goodjob: DUCKS STILL GO IN DURRING THE DAY AND BACK IN THIER PEN AT NIGHT,PIG IS HAPPY :dance: NOT SURE WHAT WILL HAPPEN SATURDAY WHEN I GET 2 MORE PIGGLETS TO PUT IN THE PEN.

6. drgnldy71

drgnldy71 Serene Dragon Farm

Maybe he just wants some company and the new piglets will take care of that. Otherwise, :shrug: who knows maybe he thinks he's a duck :D

good luck!

7. Siryet

Siryet In Remembrance

Ther will be biting shoving kicking etc for awhile untill they all get in their proper place.

8. Goat Freak

Goat Freak Slave To Many Animals

Good Luck with the new piglets! I hope that they will behave themselves. See ya.