Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
25,214 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
But she sure was a star to me today. I had hauled up logs of varying widths, lengths and weight. most were small limbs hauled as close to the buzz saws as possible with my H Farmall. Today cause I didn't have any gas in the Case, which I rather use cause it has a higher pulley speed, I put the H on the saw. When I had got the pile of small limbs buzzed up that were right by the side of the saw, I took the Panzer and would bring up one at a time, for around 8 to 10 hauls. I know I was able to cut more cause I didn't have to lug them, to the saw by hand and feet. I got an easy 2 rick cut. I got 2 tree trunks to split before I do any more sawing.

·
Registered
904 Posts
Panzer?
Is that like a Co-par Panzer?
I was given an old Co-par Panzer about ten years ago.
It is a beast of a garden tractor.

·
Registered
759 Posts
The kids and I used for he old ford 9 n to drag some log tops out of the woods today and I saw them up with a chainsaw then they loaded in my little 1 ton dump truck and hauled to the woodshedtomorrow were going to put the roof on it and split some of the wood and get it stacked

Attachments

·
Registered
974 Posts
I guess that is kinda a cool small tractor but I can do the same with my old Cub or with my newer riding mower.

·
Registered
904 Posts
Might not as you say, but I have pulled my C1500 truck with it and with the Cub, heck the sky is the limit almost!!
I would like to see video of that. On hard ground or rough soil?
I had a 16 HP lawn tractor and to move it over I just slid it over.
My first real garden tractor was a Bolens Husky 6.
I backed it into the garage then tried to slide it over.
That smaller 6 HP garden tractor is all cast iron where it counts.
If you want to move it fire it up and drive it.
And yes on rough ground I did pull a 3/4 ton Dodge pickup across the yard with that little garden tractor.

·
Premium Member
25,214 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I Got a 50 Cub too. Its fairly good for the purpose, but not AS good as the Panzer. ALSO< at 67, after hoisting logs onto the saw over and over, the legs get kinda thin when having to climb aboard the Cub,

Attachments

·
Banned
8,092 Posts
When you started this thread and began talking about panzers,
I had visions that you were talking about this.....

I'd imagine that this could pull it's fair share of logs out of the woods as well.

But lousy gas mileage.

·
Registered
974 Posts
I would like to see video of that. On hard ground or rough soil?
I had a 16 HP lawn tractor and to move it over I just slid it over.
My first real garden tractor was a Bolens Husky 6.
I backed it into the garage then tried to slide it over.
That smaller 6 HP garden tractor is all cast iron where it counts.
If you want to move it fire it up and drive it.
And yes on rough ground I did pull a 3/4 ton Dodge pickup across the yard with that little garden tractor.
I don't have a camera to make pictures or videos or anything or the need to go out and re-enact something I did last summer, but I pulled it from the house garage down to the machine shed which is about 100 yards, pulled it just fine, some driveway, the rest just pasture.

·
Registered
5,509 Posts
When you started this thread and began talking about panzers,
I had visions that you were talking about this.....

I'd imagine that this could pull it's fair share of logs out of the woods as well.

But lousy gas mileage.
Don't laugh too hard.

Years ago, before the coming of the big trac-hoes, a buddy of mine had a small demolition business, mostly working on old houses and small commercial properties. Somewhere, somehow, he had bought on the cheap, a Sherman tank without the guns.

Want to set a house on the ground in about two minutes? Make two or three passes through it with a tank...

·
1/2 bubble off plumb
8,811 Posts
:( I was hoping for the military Panzer, too. I was excited to see how someone "MacGyver'd" a tank to use for work around the house.

Did learn something though! Now I know there is more than one kind of Panzer :) so not a total let down.

·
Premium Member
25,214 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
The 3 wheeler is rare, as they only made it for around 4 or 5yrs. I went from Okla to Ill to get it. Cost all involved over a grand.

·
Registered
904 Posts
Mine is not so rare but it was given to me with the snow blade and mower deck. It came with the wrong engine though.
Mine is like this one.
[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aYndd0WvvEI[/ame]

1 - 19 of 19 Posts