Homesteading Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,894 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As my little grandson calls it, my owie.

Some of you may remember that 3 years ago I was involved in a terrible car accident in which the passenger in the other car was killed, (an elderly couple where the wife died, and the accident was the husband's fault, sadly) and my mother was on life support for 2 weeks with a broken neck and numerous other injuries. I had a broken right foot and a broken left ankle. My ankle didn't heal right and they went in yesterday to fix it. I know have a cast on my leg from the toes to just under the knee. I know it's swollen because it feels like the cast is pinching the ankle. I've got percoset to take for pain, but I detest taking drugs if I can help it. They make me so tired that I sleep all day and then I can't sleep at night without taking something else, or another pain pill to help me sleep. I don't want to get started in that vicious cycle. I've taken some advil instead to see if I can reduce some of this swelling. I also have the ankle up on a mountain of pillows to help alleviate the swelling.

So, I have some "down-time" ahead of me. I'll probably be hanging out here a lot more over the next little while. I guess this is one way to get my writing done. Sheer boredom will drive me to work! :boring:
I guess I can update my blog too. Perhaps finish that afghan I'm making for hubby for Christmas. It's an American flag afghan. I'll post a picture of it when I'm done.

~Dona

·
Premium Member
4,549 Posts
Hope you feel better soon!

·
Registered
3,894 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Rose, now why didn't I think of that?? I'll call hubby and ask him to stop at the library on his way home! Good thinking! :)

·
I am a Christian American
2,974 Posts
Get well soon. Course the upside is that we will be able to read more of your posts!

·
Registered
576 Posts
hope your feeling better soon!
my recuperating time has been spent here in front of the laptop , have done more surfing and reading than i have since i first got a computer ten years ago!

·
Registered
368 Posts
If your local librarys book catalogue in online, go online, request what books you like and they will be ready for pick-up when your husband arrives.

·
Registered
3,894 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
hope your feeling better soon!
my recuperating time has been spent here in front of the laptop , have done more surfing and reading than i have since i first got a computer ten years ago!
I'm glad to hear you are recuperating well too. You know, I wrote my first homesteading book while recuperating from my hysterectomy a few years ago. It's amazing what you can get accomplished when you can't really do anything!! :D

·
Registered
3,894 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
If your local librarys book catalogue in online, go online, request what books you like and they will be ready for pick-up when your husband arrives.
Wow...great idea. I guess I'm still foggy from yesterday's anesthesia because I never thought of the library or ordering online! :cow:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts