Homesteading Forum banner
21 - 40 of 64 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Glad to see your critters doing so well!
饾檹饾櫇饾櫀饾櫍饾櫊 饾櫘饾櫎饾櫔 饾檮 饾櫇饾櫀饾櫕饾櫄 饾櫀 饾櫅饾櫎饾櫑饾櫔饾櫌 饾櫅饾櫎饾櫑 饾櫌饾櫘 饾櫍饾櫄饾櫖饾櫄饾櫒饾櫓 饾櫒饾櫇饾櫎饾櫖 饾櫆饾櫎饾櫀饾櫓饾櫒

Registered
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
I thought that might have been the case, that curve looked a little bit unnatural.
He could really improve the overall conformation of the herd if you choose some of your leggier, and less meaty looking does to breed him to.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
She has a nice build and maintains a feminine look, good form. What about those ears though, not floppy ears or is that from the head brace?
Oh just the head brace we show her in a breeding class cause she was recently ai strawed so she can now me entered into breeding classes and I want her used to me holding her ears when I brace her.

Registered
Oh just the head brace we show her in a breeding class cause she was recently ai strawed so she can now me entered into breeding classes and I want her used to me holding her ears when I brace her.
Cool, glad to hear you're using AI for some of them. What kind of sire did you pick?

Registered
I'm looking at the photo in post #27 and then I look out the window into our goat pen.
I look back down at the photo post #27 and then I look out the window into our goat pen again.
I look one more time at the photo post #27 and then I look out the window into our goat pen.
Maybe mine aren't really goats after all...

Registered
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
I'm looking at the photo in post #27 and then I look out the window into our goat pen.
I look back down at the photo post #27 and then I look out the window into our goat pen again.
I look one more time at the photo post #27 and then I look out the window into our goat pen.
Lol yeah were happy the people let us borrow them as donors!

Registered
The guys in post #27 look like they may have been imported.

Registered
My suddenly seem so much more "blue collar".
Boers are a different kind of goat, for sure. Not what we are used to seeing in the U.S. The breed has only been in this country for a few decades and they look unlike any other breed we see.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
Boers are a different kind of goat, for sure. Not what we are used to seeing in the U.S. The breed has only been in this country for a few decades and they look unlike any other breed we see.
Yeah we love us our Boer goats and we make sure we breed quality boers at that! We're using 4 different breeders bucks this year and we're gonna use 3 of our homegrown bucks

Registered
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
I pulled out the camera for some of our young does and young bucks born from this years breeding I'll be adding more photos along the way I hope yall enjoy!! These are all the ones we decided to hold back for this years breeding. It may take a bit for me to get them all. We love all from the babies from this years breeding
Dog breed Plant Fawn Working animal Terrestrial animal
Dog Plant Dog breed Carnivore Companion dog
Dog Dog breed Plant Carnivore Fawn
Dog Dog breed Plant Carnivore Fawn
Plant Vertebrate Dog Mammal Grass
Vertebrate Mammal Dog breed Carnivore Companion dog
Plant Grass Goat Livestock Tail
Plant Grass Companion dog Tree Goat
Plant Dog breed Tree Fawn Goat
Dog Plant Carnivore Dog breed Companion dog

Registered
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
I thought that might have been the case, that curve looked a little bit unnatural.
He could really improve the overall conformation of the herd if you choose some of your leggier, and less meaty looking does to breed him to.
Also here's that buck you saw on the stand that looked like he had a curve I just took this he was out with the other boys haha their all fussy cause they aren't with any girls right now 馃ぃ
Working animal Fawn Terrestrial animal Snout Tail

Registered
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
More photos !!!! We also have different background shots for different photos cause some we want on the more professional side of it and other we just take them for fun photos
Goat Fence Working animal Fawn Grass
Dog breed Liver Plant Grass Fawn
Dog Carnivore Plant Collar Dog breed
Plant Dog breed Companion dog Fawn Grass
Dog breed Tree Companion dog Grass Plant
Dog Plant Dog breed Tree Carnivore
Dog breed Sky Tree Fawn Grass
Horse Plant Tree Liver Sky
Plant Carnivore Fawn Natural landscape Terrestrial animal
Plant Dog breed Carnivore Grass Fawn

21 - 40 of 64 Posts