My new ram is here!

Discussion in 'Sheep' started by Meg Z, Nov 19, 2006.

1. Meg Z

Meg Z winding down

Woohoo!

We went to Indiana to get him, and drove him back. Two very long days in the pick-up, but worth it. He showed himself to be such a good orator during the trip, that we decided his name must be Socrates. :rolleyes:

So, my new Icelandic ram is a moorit solid, from parasite resistant and heat tolerant parents, and has good meat conformation and a thel rich coat. He may carry spotting, which I'd rather not have, and I wish his horns were a bit wider, but they aren't going to need cutting. So, all in all, he's got almost all the traits I want, and his few negatives are minor. Plus, he comes from far enough away that I won't have much concern about him being related to potential ewe lamb purchases next summer.

He's got quarentine to go through, so I'll get a late breeding season in this year, but not too bad. Better a little late with the right ram, than to have settled on a poor ram to get the girls bred earlier!

I'm tired, but happy!
    Meg

2. GrannyCarol

GrannyCarol Well-Known Member Supporter

So, where's our pictures??? :)

3. MommaSasquatch

MommaSasquatch Well-Known Member

Congratulations! I'd love to see him if you've taken pictures. :)

4. Meg Z

Meg Z winding down

Pictures? Good grief, I feel proud of myself that I can use the keyboard well enough to find HT!

I guess I'll have to spend some time catching up to the technology age, huh?

Meg

5. GrannyCarol

GrannyCarol Well-Known Member Supporter

Hehe Well, glad you have your new boy anyway! I just have to get my sheep fix with pictures until I can get some sheep. :)