Homesteading Forum banner
1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
2,165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
To start with this is not a racial thread against the Chinese so don't turn it into one...

Now for the crazy ramblings of my mom.

In light of all the recalls on Chinese products my mom has come to the conclusion that they are trying to kill us off slowly with the products they are exporting to us. :rolleyes: Now in addition to her conspiracy theory she has also decided that the influx of Chinese restaurants is also part of their master plan and they are going to poison us silly Americans with thier buffets.

All I could do was laugh. :p And reassure her I would check the kids' Polly Pocket dolls for recall items... :help:

·
Übernerd
502 Posts
In light of all the recalls on Chinese products my mom has come to the conclusion that they are trying to kill us off slowly with the products they are exporting to us.
Heh- actually, I almost posted this as a joke on the other thread! I mean, I know they want to be a superpower and all, but they could just ask instead of trying to give us all lead poisoning.

As for the Chinese buffets, I would say that if that's the case, they're probably looking to kill us off via obesity rather than poison.

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
tinetine'sgoat said:
In light of all the recalls on Chinese products my mom has come to the conclusion that they are trying to kill us off slowly with the products they are exporting to us.

I don't think your mom's crazy...I think she may quite possibly be right on target!

·
Accidental Farmer
14,837 Posts
teresab said:
I don't think your mom's crazy...I think she may quite possibly be right on target!

Me too...I've considered this possibility since the tainted toothpaste!

·
Premium Member
5,256 Posts
She sure may be on to something. After watching the news again this morning talking about the latest trouble with products from China, I was asking myself what is going on here. Everytime you turn around, it's something else. One thing after another. :shrug:

G

·
Faustus said:
Heh- actually, I almost posted this as a joke on the other thread! I mean, I know they want to be a superpower and all, but they could just ask instead of trying to give us all lead poisoning.

As for the Chinese buffets, I would say that if that's the case, they're probably looking to kill us off via obesity rather than poison.
Chinese food is full of MSG. Bad stuff!!

·
Registered
2,251 Posts
I wish American consumers would get organized enough to demand that Walmart and places like that stop bringing in so much Chinese product. If we all voted by our wallets, refusing to buy anything stamped "made in China", maybe some jobs would come back to the USA. I doubt it will ever happen, although threatening harm to people's precious children is the strongest incentive yet.

·
Registered
2,377 Posts
RandB said:
I wish American consumers would get organized enough to demand that Walmart and places like that stop bringing in so much Chinese product. If we all voted by our wallets, refusing to buy anything stamped "made in China", maybe some jobs would come back to the USA. I doubt it will ever happen, although threatening harm to people's precious children is the strongest incentive yet.

I try not to buy anything made in China if I can. I hate it, makes me mad everytime I see *made in China*.

·
CF, Classroom & Books Mod
9,934 Posts
It doesn't have to be poison. Have you seen the size of some of the people chowing down at those buffets? And then going back for third and fourth plates full? You'll note that what we accept as "Chinese food" isn't anywhere near a normal asian diet. I once had a friend from Hong Kong ask me, "what the heck is a chicken ball, and why on earth would you eat it?" The commercial, western idea of "chinese food" has more carbs, meat, fat and salt than most asian people see in a lifetime.

They can kill us with heart disease, stroke and cancer just by feeding us, if that is their aim. The stupidity of the Western world helped along by all-you-can-eat asian buffets as we eat ourselves to death. Greed kills. Gluttony is most visible example of that.

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
I think it is more a scare tactic and distraction mechanism myself. I think our govt. is testing us to see how easily we can be distracted and how much we will accept/refuse regarding dependence on other countries. They are just trying to see how much we will take...in other words how easily we will accept transition to a new one world order. There is no reason to be dependent on China and we really don't need any products from China. It is just a way to incorporate all the "leading" countries into an interdependence for control. They are just paving the way and we are all rolling along the road.

·
Premium Member
17,383 Posts
All moms are crazy. Mine thought that the Republicans were trying to kill us......... :D

·
Registered
3,476 Posts
There have been times during this or that panic over tainted items from China that I have thought, "What are they trying to do--kill us?". I mean, if a person swats you a couple times claiming they're trying to get a wasp off of you, okay. But by the 20th or 30th swat, you figure they're just in it for the fun.

1 - 20 of 65 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.