Homesteading Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Premium Member
24,573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I posted this in the pet forum, but thought I'd share with y'all too. On Halloween Day I scooped this little guy out of a pickup truck bed at Wal Mart. Took him straight to the vet. He was four weeks old and weighed less than a pound. His right eye was punctured and he was full of worms. We were very afraid he would lose the eye and it had to be sewn shut for a week.

Now he's about 12 weeks old, weighed 12 lbs. last week and just look at him! Oh, his name is Eoghan (Owen) and he's a bloodhound mix (bloodhound mama, mystery daddy)...

This is Eoghan when I got him:

And this is Eoghan today:

·
Premium Member
4,353 Posts
God job Ravenlost! You made a big difference for that little guy.
Cindyc.

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Oh my goodness. He's adorable.

And you are a very wonderful person.

·
Premium Member
24,573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
HAHAHA...that makes me laugh Angie! I'm in no shape, form or fashion beautiful! But I do think Eoghan is mighty purty!

starjj...vet says the same thing...he's gonna be a big 'un!

·
Premium Member
24,573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Well, all but one of our 16 dogs are rescues so I guess that means there's a whole bunch of gratitude around here!

But I do agree with you Katlara. It seems the ones who've survived the worst make the best buddies we have.

·
Registered
774 Posts
What a difference in that pup! Adorable. Yes, you and the pup. The world is a better place with Ravenlost in it. Have a very Merry Christmas!

·
Big Front Porch advocate
44,851 Posts
HAHAHA...that makes me laugh Angie! I'm in no shape, form or fashion beautiful!

Raven - maybe not on the outside, but the inside/soul, which matters more than the casing - you are BEAUTIFUL. Just ask all those fur kiddles you have.

Angie

·
Premium Member
24,573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Thanks Angie.

And thanks to everyone. I can't help myself. If something needs rescueing, I'm gonna rescue it no matter what. Been doing it since I was a little girl.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts