My mean wife.

Discussion in 'Homesteading Questions' started by Ed in S. AL, Jun 1, 2005.

1. Ed in S. AL

Ed in S. AL Well-Known Member

I placed an ad on one of our local freecycle boards at yahoo for unwanted poultry, goats, rabbits, and pigs. Well this afternoon I hear from a lady wanting to give me a ewe and lamb. But my mean old wife won't let me have them.

2. DayBird

DayBird Big Bird

:bash: :bash: :bash:

What's wrong with people? Free is free, right? Leg of lamb, lamb chops, lamb kabobs....

oldtruckbbq likes this.

3. Caelma

Caelma Well-Known Member

I never understood this telling grown adults they
    can and can't have something. My youngest son and his wife
    do this c***.
    He won't let her have a cat, she won't let him have more
    than one gun. :rolleyes:
    Just never could understand it.
    However I realize there are 2 sides to every story.

4. sidepasser

sidepasser Well-Known Member

Uhm - who would take care of them? You or her - if you and you got the money, time and fence and know how to shear them or butcher them...well why ain't ya in the truck yet?

If her, then simmer down..

that's my take on it. She might not want them cause she knows (like many of us here) that animals mean "no going no where no time" unless there is someone else to take care of them. In my case, I got a daughter I pay to feed while I'm gone. Who would take care of ewe and lamb when you want to go off somewhere?

food for ewe to think over,
    Sidepasser

Nsoitgoes likes this.
  5. gilberte

gilberte Well-Known Member Supporter

Would you rather have the ewe and lamb, or the wife?

6. Ozarkquilter46

Ozarkquilter46 Well-Known Member

Years ago my DH told me I couldn't have a dog! Now I wasn't even looking to get a dog but since he wanted to play this game I thought ok why not, it will be fun. I mean after all saying you can't means green light go, right? Well I got a astralian shpeard within a couple days, when he came home he said I thought I told you No Dogs! I just looked him right in the eye and said I love you but You Aint My Mama.He dosn't tell me what I can't any more. Our beloved dog is almost 10 and he has a compainion (blue healer) who is almost 8. I cook for My DH I clean for him I take his boots off after a hard day and bring him a big glass of tea. I even give him hot oil back rubs 2 times a week, even after almost 18 years together. I told him not to get my, caring for him mixed up with He is my Boss! He now says to his friends "I'm the one who wears the pants in this family and she just tells me what pair to put on" LOL. And yes I do even lay his clothes out every night before I go to bed. He is not a morning person so if I don't it takes him twice as long to get ready for work LOL I am a morning person and would rather be watching the sun come up over the rise with my coffee then helping him find his clothes when he can't LOL the big baby.

SmokyShadow, chronic66 and melli like this.
  7. kppop

kppop Well-Known Member

Heard this the other day...The man may be the head of the household but the woman is the neck and she can turn the head any way she wants. :)

8. Wilbursmommy

Wilbursmommy Well-Known Member

My DH is always saying no more animals. Said that after I brought home 2 pot-bellied piglets. 5 years ago. At the time we only had a cat. We now have:

1 pbp-Wilbur (he's my pet)
    16 pbp we are boarding
    2 cats
    2 dogs
    7 bunnies (just got 3 of them last week)
    1 hamster
    and umpteen chickens

I told him I want a couple of goats next. He said not until the 16 pbp are gone. But I heard pigs and goats get along well.....

9. Tarot Farm

Tarot Farm Well-Known Member

Well, post her on the free board today. Offer them a choke collar and a chain...might be some takers out there.

I told my DH to shut up about the animals around here if he wanted to eat, or 'see to eat'...I got a mean left ya know and a hot temper.

Bet you thought I was a 'feller' didn't you? :haha:

10. brosil

brosil Well-Known Member Supporter

I just got in trouble on the local freecycle board for posting a llama. Got a lot of reply, though.

11. Tarot Farm

Tarot Farm Well-Known Member

My DH doesn't eben help me with the animals. Nor do I want him to anymore.
    A few years back, one a stormy night, I could not find a goat that was going to be due in a few more days. Well, that missing goat decided to give birth out in rain. We found her 'in the back 40' on her side and yelling like a dying bull in a hail storm; the hail did come a little later with something right behind it too. It was pitch black outside and all I asked him to do was to hold the light for me so I could see what was happening to this goat. He did that for about two seconds. Just long enough for me to see that the kid was breach and not coming out without being turned around.

I had no time to go back to the barn and do this, it had to done now...so I started to turn them kid and the light went out...I also heard this awful 'barfing noise'. Well, DH was sick, mad and wet too. I got the light back the right way again and between the 'bouts of being sick and not having a light', the kid was brought into this world.

As 'I' carried the wet kid back to the barn (DH would not touch it) , both the goat and DH followed 'very loudy' behind me. That is about the time the high winds and the hail arrived too.

In between the bellering and the repeating of 'Never again...no more animals..."
    I could hear something much like a 'train' coming our way...I told him to make a run for it and we spent about ten minutes of pure '****' in the barn while the roof got ripped off in the tornado. The animals were all ok though and that is the main thing ya know.

Unless, your wife has been through something like that, I do not see any reason for her to object.

SmokyShadow and Solar Geek like this.
  12. crashy

crashy chickaholic goddess

Oh Ed come on....what she going to do?? Ground you? Send you to your room? I dare you to go get those animals. They are free for crying out loud!!!
    Oh she may be mad for awhile but she will get over it. Do it Do it Do it :haha:
    you best hurry tho someone may grab up that offer PDQ

13. sullen

sullen Question Answerer

WOW Tarot, I thought I was mean, but you got one on me!
    You make me look like a baby.

Solar Geek likes this.
  14. GoldenMom

GoldenMom Well-Known Member

Now, Crashy, I think maybe we need to have a talk about where your "you need more" type comments belong. Those are strictly to be used at the Poultry Forum!!!!!! :haha: :haha: :haha:

15. Irish Pixie

Irish Pixie Well-Known Member

Heck, I don't even ask I just bring it home. My barn, my rules :grin: I never thought about putting something like that on Freecycle...hmmmm.

DH does help me foal out the mares, he has a big soft spot for any kind of baby.

**Ed- I double dog dare you to go get those sheep**

Stacy

16. sancraft

sancraft Well-Known Member

Did you try sticking out your bottom lip and stamping your foot? :no: That might land you in the time out corner. Oh never mind. :haha:

17. sidepasser

sidepasser Well-Known Member

Well did you get the danged sheep or not? (i'm not that FAR away from 'bama you know..my son wants a sheep...)

Like I NEED another mouth to feed around here.

So did ya, did ya???

Sidepasser and the gang want to know...

18. crashy

crashy chickaholic goddess

Huummm.....Maybe I should move on to another forum would that be fun!! :haha: I just want birds but I could go stir the pot in them huh :p :yeeha:
    I dont consider myself an enabler I am just trying to help thats all :haha: and I know everyone can use a lil help now and then LOL :D hehehehehe
    Love Crashy :haha:

19. Ed in S. AL

Ed in S. AL Well-Known Member

Well one of ya dared me. Then another one of ya double dog dared me, so I guess that means I'll have to go and get them. Actually my buddy that runs the feed store here wants the ewe, and I have finally humbugged the wife enough today, that she told me to just go get the dang lamb. LOL I ain't stupid, that's free meat for the freezer. And Lord knows that I love lamb.

I also placed an ad on the freecycles around here for canning supplies and unwanted beehives. You would not believe the responses I have got to come and get all the canning supplies I could ever hope to use. Gonna take me a week to pick them all up. Canners, pressure canners, jars, rings, lids. Hey it's all free. Also grabing all the camping supplies I can. Missed out by a few minutes on a queen size fold up camping bed.

20. akmyilee

akmyilee Well-Known Member

how do I get on this freecycles thing?????????