My litter

Discussion in 'Rabbits' started by Sinenian, Apr 24, 2006.

1. Sinenian

Sinenian Well-Known Member

My Black Doe (Holland Lop) kindled 4 kits last night. One was a peanut, born dead and was quickly removed. Now, the 3 healthy kits are so far doing well.

I would like to thank everyone for their help when my doe was making a nest outside her box, she had her babies inside the nestbox with your tips!

I moved the nestbox where I had it originally, because where I had to move it for her to have here kits was in the way of her water.
    Here are some questions I need to know, becaue I am concerned with all the problems I've had with my does kindling.

-How do I know she is taking care of them? Females take care of their kits at night, correct? Is there anyway I can check? I am concerned about this because my other doe had a litter and didn't take care of them (although I did identify the problem, I still am concerned)

-Will she be confused with the switch in place of the nestbox? Will she expect them to be in the original spot of the nestbox?

2. MaggieJ

MaggieJ Well-Known Member Supporter

No, she won't be confused. And you can tell if they are being fed by looking at their bellies. If they look full, they are!

3. Honorine

Honorine Carpe Vinum Supporter

4. Sinenian

Thanks, those are just the answers I was looking for.

5. Al. Countryboy

Al. Countryboy Well-Known Member

They seem to also double in size every couple of days.

6. Sinenian

Thanks for the help guys.
    My litter died, I thought she was taking them because it apeared they had fat rolls, which I asumed meant they were being taken care of. :shrug:

This is my second litter, (and second litter lost) and I'll try again.
    Is it something I'm doing? The breeder I brught it from said that they had been breed before and raised succesfull litters.