My life story

Discussion in 'Countryside Families' started by Kris W., Dec 24, 2006.

1. Kris W.

Kris W. unregistered user

I have had a very odd life and I just feel like telling people about it.
    My mom and dad met in Maine, they got married & they had me and moved to Washington d.c.
    and had my brother Kristopher there, we then moved to Louisana,and they had my sister Jessica, my parents then divorced, and my dad and I moved to Kentucky and my sister and brother moved with my mom to Arkansas. My dad and I lived in kentucky 1 year and we moved to Florida, when I turned 18 I moved to California. My mom moved to New York, and my sister went with her, but my brother moved to Mississippi. Once I moved here I met Ashley, (My Girl friend) and we are getting married in March. I get to see my dad and his new wife for the first time in three years on Wednesday!! I am flying down to his house in Florida on Tuesday and hope to arrive late Wednesday! :) My GF is flying to Texas to see her parentsin Texas. My mom remains un-married but my sister lives with her and they both go shopping etc together. My brother is getting married in June. That's a weird life if you ask me.......

2. Judy in IN

Judy in IN Well-Known Member Supporter

Are you guys part Gypsy, or what? That's a lot of moving.

Have a great Christmas!

3. Kris W.

I know, it's insane! Merry Christmas!

4. Kris W.

5. donsgal

donsgal Nohoa Homestead

That's a lot of moving???? I went to 14 different schools and lived in 5 different states by the time I was 18 years old. I went to four different schools in the forth grade alone.

THAT'S a lot of moving.

donsgal

6. fitwind

fitwind Well-Known Member

Your not the only one with a wierd life!!! I have had one too not exactly like ,yours but strange in deed.... Have a very MERRY CHRISTMAS Kris !!!! I hope you have a great trip.....

7. Gercarson

Gercarson Well-Known Member Supporter

Merry Christmas - and best of wishes to you and Ashley.

8. Yldrosie

Yldrosie Well-Known Member

Moving= military brat. 15 schools by the 5th grade. Too many houses to count. One year we moved the Christmas tree 3 times. I was ALWAYS the new kid in class.

9. donsgal

donsgal Nohoa Homestead

Yes but it did have a few advantages..... "Long division????? oh, we hadn't gotten to long division yet in my last school" bwhahahahaahahaha

Hey Yldrose, I have a question for you. Do you adopt regional accents immediately and unconsciously? I do this and I believe I developed this skill in an attempt to "fit in" as quickly as possible. My dh laughs at me when I am on the phone because if I am talking to a person from Minnesota, I sound like I am from Minnesota, if I am talking to someone from Texas, I sound like I am from Texas. I have even picked up Mexican, Cajun and Native American accents when talking to them.

I don't even realize I am doing it.

I was wondering if you did the same thing. (sorry for the thread drift, y'all)

donsgal