Homesteading Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Premium Member
3,161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Living in NY is hard this time of year. We've had brutal cold for weeks. I don't think we've gotten above freezing in weeks. Today is like a heat wave, and I bet it's not 25 degrees.

It's too early to start anything indoors. Won't be doing that for a couple months. I'm sick of looking at catalogs, sick of snow and shoveling, sick of wind and freezing temps.

I need ideas for better ways of dealing with this. What are you doing to combat this cabin fever? I spend very little time indoors from May to November. I can't stand this being cooped up. Seriously, it's too cold to do much besides the absolute necessities.

I'm planning on making a drawing of this year's garden, and placement of the new fruit trees, but I want more ideas. Thanks, Daisy

· Premium Member
3,161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks everyone. I think it's just the cold that has me feeling blue. It's so windy that you can't spend any time outside without risking serious frostbite.

I've decided to redo one of the bigger rooms and make it my bedroom. That ought to keep me occupied for a while. This room is full of windows, and bigger than the room I now sleep in. New flooring, some light-colored paint and flowery curtains (that I'll sew), I'm feeling better already! Change of scenery, in a way.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.