My job in CO

Discussion in 'Goats' started by lyceum, Dec 27, 2006.

1. lyceum

lyceum Well-Known Member

Only 1 week until I leave for CO!!!! We are leaving next wed. morning to drive to CO. My mom and grandparents are taking me out and getting me settled in. I cannot wait. Even if they are getting snow again. I just hope the weather is good next week.

A quick plug for my new CO herd and my goats which will be staying with mom in Indiana. LOL Hope nobody minds.

My new herd is Destiny Organics, near Eaton, CO. I will be the herd manager in charge of all of the goats. EEK! We will soon be overwhelmed with kids. All buck kids are sold within a week of birth. Some doe kids will be kept. The remaining doe kids will be sold. All sires are registered and some of the does are too. All kids will at least be 50%. If anyone is interested in a buck kid to raise for meat, etc or a doe kid, let me know and I will start a list. Not sure of prices yet. I do know they will not be overly high. All kids will be fed organic goat milk and organic feed and will not have any antibiotics. PM me if interested and I will let you know in a week or so prices and other info. Also, all Destiny Organics products are sold in health food and organic stores and the Boulder Farmers Market. I will post details later.

Now my herd and my mom's in IN. She will start kidding in Feb. and will be selling most kids. PM me if you are interested in an inexpensive Recorded Grade or Purebred kid and I will have her get back with you. Please include a regular email for her.

Thanks for listening to my rambling.
    Carisa
    my website is www.geocities.com/carisa_lyceum/home
    Destiny's site is www.DestinyOrganics
    I will post any kids for sale on my site for both herds.

2. GrannyCarol

GrannyCarol Well-Known Member Supporter

Congratulations, have fun!

It might help to post the breeds involved... :)

3. lyceum

lyceum Well-Known Member

The Destiny Herd includes every standard dairy breed except oberhasli. Lots of Saanens, but also Alpine, Nubian, Lamancha, Togg, 1 Sable.

Carisa