Homesteading Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What can I say...a 9 dollar Belkin silicone case is simply not enough to make me feel that my ipod touch is protected. I don't want a 300 dollar device scratched and tore to pieces! I need help finding a case that has a cover for the touch screen and is more durable! Also, what is a good scratch remover for the metal backed ipods? PLEASE tell me there is such a thing! I noticed today a small hairline scratch on the ipod, so that's what made me feel I need to protect it better. TIA. :)

·
Waterfowl hobbyist
304 Posts
We have three Ipod Touch's in the house, two of them are owned by teens and get used 24/7. One of them I bought a "skin" for (I believe it was called Invisible Shield), it was kind of tricky to put on and covered all but the front screen. One of the other ones used a clear acrylic case which did not last long, the third one had a fairly expensive leather case.

I find the back metal is the main part that will get scratched.......even in your pocket. You pretty much have to put some type of protection on it as soon as you take it out of the Apple box. The kids have found that alot of the cases will not allow the Touch to be used in many of the radio of other devices you put the Ipod into and they say the cases do more damage taking them on and off. The skin has held up well and it is not slippery to hold on to. The other two are now bare, back scratched but none of them has any scratches on the touch screen. From what I have read, the front if very difficult to scratch.

One other comment on them..........the two teens have had theirs since they first came out and like I said they have gotten daily use. They have worked flawlessly.

One place you can get alot of info on the different cases for them is ilounge.com Here is link to the Ipod Touch case forum: ilounge

giffy
--------------------

1 - 3 of 3 Posts