Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had started tomatoes, peppers and onions. They were doing great so hubby decided it was warm enough to go out on the porch :rolleyes: . Well, it has been 38-40 at night. Some did die but the others seem OK . Is it too late for the survivors if I bring them back in doors?

I am so upset because this is my first attempt at gardening :waa:

·
Registered
386 Posts
Quiverof9

I lived in Mo. :waa: For over 10 years. One year we had a freak frost, a hard one. My tomatoes froze to the ground. It was late, I could not get anymore. Will they all came back, best and most I ever had. :D I would leave them where they are. Or if weather is ok, plant them, as soon as you can. Good luck,
John#4

·
Premium Member
4,632 Posts
This is why gardeners always watch the weather reports religiously--so you know when to bring the plants back in, or cover them.
(Sometimes you still get fooled.)
mary

·
Registered
144 Posts
Quiver - don't despair!!!! My DH was trying to help and did the same for me... Of 400 seedlings, I've lost over 300 from the first batch. Unfortunately, most of those were 'for sale' stock'. Those I didn't lose are straggly, but at least I know the things are HARDY!!! Soon as I realized they were hit as hard as they were, I started more of what I had seeds for.

Happens to everyone at least once, please don't give up!

Sue

1 - 5 of 5 Posts