Homesteading Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
24,573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tomorrow he is taking me to town to buy new living room furniture for Christmas...it's what I've been wanting most this year.

His plans for the old furniture?

He's going to put two wooden pallets down at the pond and set the two raggedy recliners on them so we can relax in comfort when we're at the pond.

THE POND IS IN OUR FRONT YARD! :grit:

He's convinced that it's the greatest idea ever. I'm convinced he has turned pure dee old *******!

·
Animal Addict
12,209 Posts
Haha, tell him welcome to the world of ******* hillbillies! Next you'll have an old TV out there with an extension cord...

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
You need one of those apartment sized fridges too. You can set it in between your chairs and use the top for a table and keep your sweet tea cold in it while enjoying the pond.

·
If I need a Shelter
21,614 Posts
I had a Couch setting up next to the house.Until one day I woke up seen all kinds of smoke out my Bedroom window.It had caught fire.Just lucky it didn't burn the house.

I'd like to have a Recliner in a Deer Blind.

big rockpile

·
Loving My Life...
1,626 Posts
Tomorrow he is taking me to town to buy new living room furniture for Christmas...it's what I've been wanting most this year.

His plans for the old furniture?

He's going to put two wooden pallets down at the pond and set the two raggedy recliners on them so we can relax in comfort when we're at the pond.

THE POND IS IN OUR FRONT YARD! :grit:

He's convinced that it's the greatest idea ever. I'm convinced he has turned pure dee old *******!
Too funny.... my DH says it sounds like a great idea....

·
Columnist, Feature Writer
4,568 Posts
If anyone tells this to my husband I will kick you in the shin! He'd think this was a great idea and our pond is visible from the road.

·
Registered
299 Posts
I knew my hubby had turned the corner from city boy to country dweller when we were stopped at a light in the bigger town down the road, and up pulls a corvette convertible. "Sure couldn't haul much feed in that thing" he snorted. LOL.

·
Registered
5,961 Posts
I had a Couch setting up next to the house.Until one day I woke up seen all kinds of smoke out my Bedroom window.It had caught fire.Just lucky it didn't burn the house.

I'd like to have a Recliner in a Deer Blind.

big rockpile

The deer wish you had one too. Then they could watch you sleeping. LOL

·
Mansfield, VT for 200 yrs
3,736 Posts
I knew my hubby had turned the corner from city boy to country dweller when we were stopped at a light in the bigger town down the road, and up pulls a corvette convertible. "Sure couldn't haul much feed in that thing" he snorted. LOL.
You'd be surprised how much feed you can get into one of those things. And you can put 10 50 pound bags of feed into the back of a Mini Cooper. But only 3 hay bales. And when you're stuffing the emergency hay supply into a Mini Cooper the guy helping will laugh so hard he's useless.

·
Premium Member
5,459 Posts
I would be afraid to sit on one, I'd be afraid of snakes getting into them. :shrug:

·
Premium Member
3,266 Posts
I would be afraid to sit on one, I'd be afraid of snakes getting into them. :shrug:
That's what came to my mind too, snakes,spiders,mice. Plus once they get wet it'll take forever to dry them out.

804 Posts
Around here they just put them on the front porch. Heard somewhere close by just passed a city ordinance against this!

·
Premium Member
24,573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Oh, he has big plans to make waterproof covers for them so they don't get wet. I, however, am also concerned about all the critters that will get up in them and have a feeling I'll stick to my lawn chair. One of his many dogs can have the other recliner!

Oh dear...I can already hear the comments from visiting family...especially his mother.

·
If I need a Shelter
21,614 Posts
I got a laugh one time.I was doing some work for a woman.Asked if she mind I went fishing in her pond? There an't no fish in that pond :confused: Yea right! There's a Recliner,Forked Sticks and Worm Boxes.

Oh well!

big rockpile

·
Premium Member
3,266 Posts
Oh, he has big plans to make waterproof covers for them so they don't get wet. I, however, am also concerned about all the critters that will get up in them and have a feeling I'll stick to my lawn chair. One of his many dogs can have the other recliner!

Oh dear...I can already hear the comments from visiting family...especially his mother.
LOL if his mother says anything just tell her SHE raised him not you :D

1 - 20 of 27 Posts