My home away from home

Discussion in 'Homesteading Questions' started by Dawndra, Dec 14, 2003.

1. Dawndra

Dawndra I'm back

Here is a link to the best fleamarket in the midwest! It's in the northeast corner on Missouri. There are quite a few people here that go besides me... It's HUGE!

http://www.rutledgefleamarket.com/

2. nostalgia

nostalgia Well-Known Member

It's to far from me Dawndra but, I do love flea markets!

3. Dawndra

Dawndra I'm back

you'd love this! it's about 100+ acres....

4. SteveD(TX)

SteveD(TX) Well-Known Member

But if you are ever in NE Texas, on the weekend before the First Monday of every month, come to the grandaddy of them all:

http://www.firstmondaycanton.com

The official website by the city says 100 acres and 3,000 dealers (city-owned), but including the privately owned surrounding land, the actual number of dealers and acres is several times that. Up to 300,000 people in the small town of Canton once a month! The biggest and oldest in the world. Ya'll come on down when you can. :yeeha:

5. Dawndra

Dawndra I'm back

I'm thinking that there are enough of us close enough to Rutledge that we could have a mini picnic.... have every one meet for lunch while there... would be a fun thing....

winter is barely started & I've got the fleamarket blues already.... gonna be a long winter!!!!

6. HoosierDeb

HoosierDeb Well-Known Member

For folks in the Indiana/Michigan/Ohio area there's the big flea market at Shipshewanna IN, every Tues and Weds from May to Oct. It's huge and folks come from surrounding states for it. It's in the middle of Indiana Amish country.

7. DW

DW plains of Colorado Supporter

Dawndra, Thanks! I thought it was the second weekend of the month so good to check the calendar. My niece is getting married in Keokuk June 12th and we are on to Rutledge on the 13th. I have been wanting to go for years. After that I think we'll head to Hannibal & a Berry Farm near there. My son has never done the Mark Twain tour. He's been to the cave but that's all. I am looking forward to it. Any special recomendations to make sure we see at Rutledge?

8. Dawndra

Dawndra I'm back

you NEED to go to the store!

we should meet... I go each month...

9. Ever been to the Jacob's Cave swap/flea market South of Versailles, Mo? I like it better than Rutledge. It is the first FULL weekend in June and Oct.

10. Dawndra

Dawndra I'm back

hmmmm... can't say that I have... how far is it from Rutledge??

11. Hello I was just surfing the web and saw this I have created a website for rutledge at http://www.rutledgefleamarket.com

12. Dawndra

Dawndra I'm back

yep... I found the link & posted it at the top of the thread... I'm trying to get a goup of homesteaders together to have a get together there this summer....

Anyone interrested?? They have a campground on site!!

13. Hello Look forward to seeing everyone at Rutledge this year. My name is Jeremy Johnston please look me up when you are there. My e-mail is johnston_jeremy2000@yahoo.com

14. Dawndra

Dawndra I'm back

Is that Johnston as in Irvin Johnston?? We'll be there in April. I'm gong to get a homesteader's reunion going for there this summer...