My heart is broken

Discussion in 'Countryside Families' started by tinetine'sgoat, Jan 5, 2007.

1. tinetine'sgoat

tinetine'sgoat Luvin' my family in MO

I just was told that our neighbor and good friends baby has died. :Bawling: Her due date was today and she went to the hospital around 1:00 am this morning. I don't really know why he died, or the particulars on it. Jamie had miscarried early this spring and they were both so thrilled when she got pregnant again. He was thier first boy, they have two little girls. MaKayla (7)is my dd's best friend and she is a child that hides her feelings so this might be very hard on her. Chub's (Katherine) is only 3 and probably won't grasp what is going on. This is tearing me up, I was so excited about him. I was almost as anxious for him to get her as they were cause I had big plans to spoil him, I told my hubby last night I was gonna call her and ask her if the baby could come out and play today, cause the kids are always calling each other and asking that. It is amazing to me how excitement can turn to total devestation so quickly. I don't know where to start I am just praying and trying to figure out what they are going to need first. I am going to cook double meals for a while so she doesn't have to, and I'm sure we will have the kids here like we did when she miscarried. Please just pray for all of them. I guess Jesus just needed him more.

2. mary,tx

mary,tx Well-Known Member Supporter

How very sad. She'll be needing your shoulder to cry on and a lot of help the first few weeks.
    mary

3. ajharris

ajharris Amanda

Prayers are coming your way. That is so sad. I am sorry.

4. Peacock

Peacock writing some wrongs Supporter

So sad. My cousin lost one similar to this a few years ago, also their 1st boy. She's very lucky to have you, not just for help, but for someone who shares their loss and can cry right along with her. My prayers and condolences to all.

5. Jan in CO

Jan in CO Well-Known Member Supporter

Tinetine, what a heartbreak for that family. I know others who have experience that, too and there is never an easy answer. Sometimes it ends up being a blessing because the baby has a problem that woudln't have allowed it to live long, and sometimes, you just never know the reason. Lost two preemies just after birth myself, many years ago, and I know it can be devastating. Just be there for them, and we'll keep them in our prayers, too. Jan in Co

6. wildhorse

wildhorse Well-Known Member

(hugs) Im so sorry.

7. Zipporah

Zipporah Well-Known Member

:Bawling: Prayer said.I've been there.It's a very dark place and even when everyone thinks you're ok you're still crying and dying inside.A piece of you forever is gone.

8. SherrieC

SherrieC Well-Known Member

this is Heartbreaking, John and I lost Our twin boys , and Our neighbor and friend lost her 2nd baby he strangled on his cord the night before his due date. I think it helps to see and hold the baby. I really hate people saying horrible things are blessings! That hurts so Much to have someone say that to you when you feel like you are dying inside! (I've had a ton of experiece with that, Widowed at 25, the twins dying, the house fire of 2000) I perfer to think, It was a horrible tradegy, gut wrenching!
    However God picks up the broken pieces, ashes and blesses you. He always has blessed me, I have 6 children one of them even a girl! my new husband is my best friend, and our house doesn't have a leaky roof! I am so thankful for all of my dear children after the house fire where we lost all of our possesions but thank God, we lost no children!

I'll keep your friend's family in my prayers
    Sherrie

9. Hummingbird

Hummingbird Well-Known Member

Oh my. Hugs & hugs. How terribly sad. Please know that prayers are up for them and for you.

Nance

10. halfpint

halfpint Well-Known Member Supporter

How sad - I'm praying for them. I hope they will be able to have a funeral. None of my misscarriages were far enough along to have a standard funeral, but we held private ones for our last two misscarriages at our own home and I think that helped give us some closure.
    Dawn

11. tinetine'sgoat

The babies grandmother just called and said that they don't know what happened, that he was stillborn. She had just been to the doctor Wednesday and everything had been fine. Wednesday evening when we were there she said that she had dilated to 4 and her dr. expected her to go at anytime. There was no inclination that anything was wrong. She is on her way home now. I can't believe that they are letting her go so soon, but she may not have been able to deal with being there either. I have written down for her a poem that my grandmother wrote in 1927 when their first baby died, it is read in our family when someone passes and it is my attempt to honor him.

We loved him,
    Yes, we loved him,
    but the angels loved him more.
    And with beckoning hands they called him
    to yonder shining shore.
    There was needed another jewel to shine
    within the crown so bright
    and who better than our baby
    to send off that ray of light.
    God saw how special our baby was
    and he wanted him by the throne,
    so he opened the gates of heaven
    and gently bid him come home.
    Now he's safe in the arms of Jesus
    where he need never suffer no more
    and we aim to all meet him in Heaven
    when our trials on Earth are o'er

12. holleegee

holleegee Well-Known Member

That is a beautiful poem. I will remember her and the family in my prayers.

13. SherrieC

SherrieC Well-Known Member

beautiful poem! thank you for sharing.

14. tinetine'sgoat

Jamie was here and brought the kids over. She is doing ok, but I don't know how much has sunk in yet. They said that the placenta seperated sometime yesterday and that they have no reason for it. She said she didn't bleed until she was getting ready to push. They are having a graveside service for him, she said that there won't be a visitation because his skin was starting to peel and that she wants it simple. She let the kids come down to the hospital and hold him and said Chub's would have rubbed him bald if they would have let her, cause she just kept rubbing his head. She also said that she was going to bring over pictures of him for us to see, because he was beautiful. It just tears me up to know he was so close. Kayla is having problems with it and has been sitting on my lap since they got here. She is up and going now and has asked if we would take her to eat chinese, so we are going to when my dh gets home. It bothered her to see him more than she is letting her mom know, she was telling me what he looked like and it upset her. You can tell that it is always on her mind, cause she will just out of the clear blue say something about it. Thanks for praying and well wishes for them, I know it will help.

15. crashy

crashy chickaholic goddess

Oh man what a sad thing!!! My heart goes out to the family. The poem by your grammy...very good.

16. Beltane

Beltane Enjoying Four Seasons

How very sad. :( You sound like a great friend though, so I'm sure you know what you need to do. I will keep all of the families in my thoughts.

17. MarleneS

MarleneS Well-Known Member

Thank you for being a friend :) More then anything else that's what she'll need. If she wishes to talk, let her, all that is really required is that you listen :) It's great that you have a bond with her older daughter, tell her it's okay to cry with you :)

Hugs
    marlene