Homesteading Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A black eye, concussion and a trip to the ER for a CT scan. Took a horn to the forehead and the side of the nose beside the eye. Lucky for me it didn't go in my eye. Don't know how long I was out but my head is killing me...

I thought for sure it had punctured or fractured my skull. Anyone else have this happen or am I the only stupid city boy attempting to be a country boy?

·
Big Front Porch advocate
44,851 Posts
I hope you are going to be okay. Sorry that happened to you, and maybe the doc told you to take a over the counter pain killer, or a prescription.

Take care of yourself.

Angie

·
Animal Addict
12,209 Posts
Don't feel bad, my husband got knocked unconscious tonight by being in the wrong place when one of the horses swung his head around fast. It was the clonk herd round the world.

Don't feel bad, my goat gouged my leg by accident last night. As I hobbled to the other side to get a half bale of hay in a wheelbarrow, I tripped and fell over and into some old piles of hay. Then I dropped the half bale of hay I had cut from the full bale and had to separate old hay from new by flashlight in a sleet storm. I limped and lurched to throw the hay to the horses, then went to return the wheelbarrow to the hill I grabbed it from, intending to turn it upside down to keep the rain and sleet out of it. As it upended to flip over, I knew things weren't going to turn out well. It stopped mid tip and fell back on me. This happened two more times before it finally flipped over upside down. I lost count of the bruises.

I'm sure you will be ok, just rest up. Sorry you had a bad night!

·
Registered
688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sounds like yours was worse than mine. At least they gavve mee soome good medicine!

:stars::stars:

·
Registered
5,499 Posts
Oh gads! You guys need some pain killers and heating pads.

·
Registered
2,056 Posts
A black eye, concussion and a trip to the ER for a CT scan. Took a horn to the forehead and the side of the nose beside the eye. Lucky for me it didn't go in my eye. Don't know how long I was out but my head is killing me...

I thought for sure it had punctured or fractured my skull. Anyone else have this happen or am I the only stupid city boy attempting to be a country boy?
Don't feel too bad. I have had the horn to the head.I guess mine must be harder than yours though (DH would agree).
I also had the horse head to the head too. Its still funny(wasn't at the time) the only thing around here with a head harder than mine LOL

·
Registered
24,108 Posts
Owie! I'm glad your ok and it didn't get your eye...jeepers!

·
Premium Member
4,055 Posts
Glad you're OK...My Irish terrier once jumped up to greet me as I was stooping to greet him. Out heads collided. I swear I saw stars for 5 minutes...

·
plains of Colorado
4,176 Posts
what a gift! As my mother would say...could have been worse. Our neighbor was killed by his bull about 10 yrs ago and he tried to do the same to my husband. My husband escaped with a broken leg...could have been worse!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts