Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,402 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The garden doesn't seem to be as big as I would like it to be this year and this past week, the weeds got away from me, but we did get two ears of corn, two yellow squash, a green pepper, a tomato or two and a handful of greenbeans and peas today...it was enough to make a nice lunch for my daughter and I...now we are just excited to see what is ready to harvest tomorrow! LOL

This is my daughter's garden...she got 5 cherry tomatoes today and boy was she proud!

Here are two views of our big garden.

Today's Harvest!

·
Registered
5,388 Posts
I just love her face in that last picture. So cute!

What kind of squash are those? If they're summer squash, we pick ours a bit smaller (except the sneaky ones that hide until they're ready to take over the world). They have a better flavor and texture when the seeds are tiny.

Your produce looks lovely. Such vibrant colors, and so healthy looking!

·
Registered
5,388 Posts
I've had squash and cucumbers hide and then suddenly I look under a leaf and they're so big they startle me. I recoil and gasp, even.

Good thing I garden alone :)

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Cute pics! :)

I've had squash and cucumbers hide and then suddenly I look under a leaf and they're so big they startle me. I recoil and gasp, even.
Yep, I do that too, and the dog comes running (because that's also the noise I make when a toad jumps out at me) :)

·
Registered
264 Posts
Oh, I'll bet you'r little girl is thrilled to have her own garden. She is going to have a green thumb for sure!

That last picture just appeared. It's priceless!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts