Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First while I was putting on my face he jumped on top of the commode and fell in ,after I got him dried off we went into the kitchen to cook and when I turned to wash my hands he was sitting on the stove with his whole tail in th grease in the frying pan. thank goodness the stove was nt on. He sure had a stupid look on his face. Well he had to be washed again and the dogs got the grease. What did your cat do stupid today?Nancy

·
Milk Maid
2,873 Posts
He sounds like a character and a half Nancy! Good thing for him the stove was off, whew!

My cats brought in a mouse sometime last night. Left it on the stairs for us. We have one cat who LOVES it when we swim in our backyard pool. She'll lie on the towels and wait for my daughters to get out of the pool and lie on their towels, then she'll jump on their backs and bite their hair while *gently* holding their heads still with her claws.

Our tom doesn't do much but lie around looking pretty most of the day.

·
Premium Member
15,516 Posts
This is about a feral kitten who was coming from across the road.

I was outside tending my planter and waiting for Roger to finish planting a raccoon in the field. I noticed that Grandpa FunnyFace our resident patriarch tomcat was on the other side of the road, staring at something. So, I went over to see and found a kitten down in the grass. It didn't see me but all of a sudden it did! It's hair literally stood on end and it flew into the high grass.

·
Registered
2,492 Posts
I have this neighbor who is always burning garbage on his property. A lot of you probably remember me griping about him in the past. Yesterday he had a heap of especially fragrant rubbish smouldering away, and I was (trying to) work in the poultry pen, cough cough. Was walking toward the house and Big Eyed Cat came trotting across the yard with a really long hot dog in her mouth, sticking out both sides of her mouth. It looked hilarious. She took it up to the porch and gave it to her kittens and then layed down and looked pleased with herself. :rolleyes: I am assuming she got it out of the neighbor's burning heap.

The other day I found a small pile of barf on the porch, it was all corn. Guess one of them went and ate some corn somewhere. :rolleyes:

The kittens are getting old enough that they chase their tails now, it's hilarious to watch. They go round and round so fast they fall over.

·
Registered
5,499 Posts
Well every morning Yoda and Mogwaii start their morning routine of 'talking' and being ornery until I let them outside for their wild time (running, climbing trees, chasing critters).

Yoda will actually go as far as to get in trouble, figuring if he bugs me enough to get my attention, I'll finally let him outside out of desperation.

He'll knock things off the desk, jump up toward the bookshelves to knock a book off... you name it (he's done these things just today again).

·
Registered
246 Posts
My cat "Coon" (short for Racoon), tried jumping through a closed window. As I went to my knees laughing, she just walks off like she meant to do that! Cats are SO priceless.
Then... there was the time she had a lil 'poo' attached to her fur. It would bump her, she thought something was chasing her. Every time she slowed down the 'poo' would bump her from behind, and she'd renew her running efforts! I bet she put on four miles that time, before I managed to get her in the house, and slowed down. She used to be such a spooky cat.
She's given me more laughs than one person deserves to have! hahhaha
gloria

·
Premium Member
2,005 Posts
We've got a 22 year old cat that when she gets lonely, sits in the hallway and meows HELLO? You can hear her all over the house and she only stops after we answer her.
karen in NE Indiana

·
Registered
505 Posts
Well, if I can ever get the video to upload, I will show ya'll what one of my silly/brave kitties did...I was taking pictures of the yearling bear cub last Sunday afternoon, when I heard a cat growling...looked around, and saw the cat all puffed up, and heading toward the bear.... luckily for me, I switched the camera over to movie, and captured it all.... The kitty went after the bear, and hissed at him...scared the bear, then when the cat left, the bear looks like "what was THAT???" :)

·
Milk Maid
2,873 Posts
I'd love to see that MTNwomanAR! I saw a video on youtube of a rabbit chasing a snake away, that was quite something to watch :D

·
Registered
640 Posts
Hurray! I don't have the only talking cat - I was starting to think I was nuts. I remember shortly after we adopted our two orange cats, one of them sat upstairs meowing, and my DH says "That's the creepiest thing...you'd swear he was saying 'Mama!"

Now, he says it all the time - one morning he yelled it at me when I came downstairs - "MAMA MAMA MAMA MAMA!!" Running across the room toward me.

But teh other morning, my DH woke up, getting ready for work. He says "Honey, I think their food dish is empty" (Automatic feeder). I said "Why?" And just then all 3 cats walked into our bedroom and hovered around my bed. I said "Naw, they just luuuv me." Sure enough...bone dry. Figures.

They used to take turns sleeping in my hair while I watched TV. You know how hard it is to hear the TV when you have a cat snoring in your ear?

·
Registered
5,499 Posts
Awwww I love snuggling kitties! I adore it when they talk!

I had an old cat that would start meowing from another room when she couldn't find us. I'd start calling her name and she'd come running to the sound of my voice, then she'd be fine once she was back in a room where we were. LOL

·
Registered
3,476 Posts
Jake the Stray was shy of me at first, but once he figured out I wasn't going to hurt him, he quickly became devoted. If I were sitting on the porch, he'd jump into my lap for some skritches, and he'd follow me around outside.

One morning while I was hanging laundry, Jake came to keep me company, but was balked by the wire fence. I saw him bunch up his hindquarters and waited for him to leap over the fence. Instead, he tried to leap through it.

I turned away and went on hanging clothes so he wouldn't see me laughing.

·
Registered
505 Posts
So far, I haven't been able to get the video to load properly...but maybe Dennis would be a sweetheart and post it for me??? I sent it to him and Don....it really is too funny!!!

·
plains of Colorado
4,130 Posts
It's sort of muggy & hot today so our Large cat is taking a nap in the bathroom sink (it's cool). It is a small sink and when he rolls over, he almost falls out of the sink.

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
It worked,Ijust have dial up so it took a while .Iwish I could have been there to see that in person.Now that was a brave cat,Nancy

1 - 20 of 21 Posts