Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's a big accomplishment and I wanted to share it in a group where other people understand why I am so proud of it despite some unevenness in size and a lot of slubs. I know when I'm about to make a slub and some of the time I can fix it, so I will get better and more consistent over time.

The wool is Blue Face Leicester, and it has a lovely sheen and softness in the finished yarn. I'm really pleased with how nicely it plied and how much better it looks when it was plied and not just a single.

The pink yarn was dyed with avocado pits. I was aiming for dusty pink and hit the nail on the head the very first time I ever dyed anything. But whoa the smell!

I gave it to my mom as a birthday present, since I don't knit and this yarn is not sturdy enough for weaving. Maybe as a weft.
20210511_172732.jpg

·
Registered
375 Posts
It's a big accomplishment and I wanted to share it in a group where other people understand why I am so proud of it despite some unevenness in size and a lot of slubs. I know when I'm about to make a slub and some of the time I can fix it, so I will get better and more consistent over time.

The wool is Blue Face Leicester, and it has a lovely sheen and softness in the finished yarn. I'm really pleased with how nicely it plied and how much better it looks when it was plied and not just a single.

The pink yarn was dyed with avocado pits. I was aiming for dusty pink and hit the nail on the head the very first time I ever dyed anything. But whoa the smell!

I gave it to my mom as a birthday present, since I don't knit and this yarn is not sturdy enough for weaving. Maybe as a weft.
View attachment 96976
not bad at all...a lot better than my poor overspun pile of worms for my beginning...relax, it gets better!

·
Registered
Acta non verba
1,133 Posts
^ Hee hee!

I think you did a lovely job and think it'll only get better from here :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts