My first goats!!

Discussion in 'Goats' started by KimM, Dec 22, 2005.

1. KimM

KimM Student of goatology.

About a month ago I went to get a load of hay and the people had a small herd of Boer cross goats and there was one dehorned Nubian doe among them and it was obvious that they were not letting her eat her share. The woman said that the doe had been a pet and didn't like the herd environment. I said, "Awww, she better come home with me so I can baby her." and the woman gave her to me. She's bred to their Boer/Spanish buck and due next month. I can feel kid(s) in her belly!
    "Jane" is tan (palomino color) with white spots and frosted ears.

I have also just put deposits on a very nice FB Boer buck and 2 bred FB Boer does!
    And so it begins........... :dance: ;)

2. lgslgs

lgslgs Well-Known Member

Did you get her any friends to play with, or are you going to spend a lot of time with her? I hope she has an animal friend of some kind to bed down with for company.

Lynda

3. ozark_jewels

ozark_jewels Well-Known Member Supporter

Congrats!! Did you check her over for lumps/abcesses?? That is one disease I am paranoid about and am very careful to check for before I bring a goat home.
    Sounds like she may be an only goat for now, but I guess she'll have her kids for company soon......I'm sure they'll be lovely. :goodjob:

4. KimM

KimM Student of goatology.

I have her in with 2 miniature horse colts (being weaned) and they all get along great together.
    Yes I did check her from end to end for lumps and such......that scares the jeepers out of me too.
    Well now I really feel like I belong here! :)

5. goatkid

goatkid Well-Known Member Supporter

Welcome to the world of goats. They are such wonderful companions. Your babies should be darling. I have a La Manch-Boer-Spanish cross. She is a very hardy hybrid who loves winter. She is bred Nubian.

6. Goat Freak

Goat Freak Slave To Many Animals

CONGRATS on the new goat, and soon to be goats! By the way, Welcome to the club, hope ya enjoy it. Good Lcuk, bye.