My first born

Discussion in 'Goats' started by chma4, Mar 6, 2005.

1. chma4

chma4 Wolverton Family Farm Supporter

Today I delivered my first ever kid. We were blessed with a little multi- colored Alpine/Nigerian doe. Perfect presentation, fast labor and delivery, and she was on her feet and nursing in 10 minutes. I think we will name her "Spirit". It seemed like in 20 mins. she was frolicking around the stall! Boy was I spoiled today!
    1 down, 4 to go!

2. Freeholder

Freeholder Well-Known Member

Good show! Sounds like a good name for the baby! I'm still waiting for my first this year (I've had goats for years, though, so it's not going to be my first kids ever).

Kathleen

3. mpillow

mpillow Well-Known Member Supporter

Was this the one with discharge ??????

Congrats....isnt it amazing how quickly the are up and nursing? I love to see mother and babies bond after birth :cool:

4. chma4

chma4 Wolverton Family Farm Supporter

Nope, not the one with the discharge. Actually the one that I bred first, hoping she would be an easy freshener, (she is an alpine and my buck is Nigerian) was the first one to go , and was very easy. The one with the discharge looks as though she has 1 or 2 more days, she was the 2nd bred, she is a pygmy. Her bag is filling out but the discharge has slowed. Still a tiny bit bloody but she is vigerous and happy still. I guess we shall see!