Homesteading Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
4,534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My FIL passed away :( Last month was my MIL now it's my FIL.. He was living at an assisted center and he didn't like it there at all, he had dementia and was getting worse, he's been very depressed since Mom passed away. So I guess he died of a broken heart. :(

·
Premium Member
21,537 Posts
Oh Becca, I'm so sorry for you and your family. Sending warm thoughts and prayers to you,

·
Registered
7,798 Posts
I'm sorry to hear that....it's terrible watching our parents age and then finally pass away.

I guess the only happy thing is that your inlaws are together again......:(

·
Always Thinking
3,296 Posts
So sorry to hear that. Hope things go as well as possible for your family during this difficult time.

·
Premium Member
2,277 Posts
I'm very sorry, Becca.

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
I am so sorry. :(

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
I am sorry for your loss. I lost my In-law's this year as well. My thoughts are with you.

·
NJ Rich
1,239 Posts
Becca65,

I feel your pain. My dear grandmother passed and because of my grandfathers conditions he didn't really understand, "She is gone .......".

There was a certain comfort in that. My grandfather would ask, 'Where is Hilda"? We would say, "She went to the store, or went to see so and so, she will be home later". He was comforted by those words. Your father may have decided he had lived enough and was ready to leave.

We are never ready to let a parent go. It is never easy to lose anyone. I send you Peace and Prayers. Be thankful for those times you shared and the love given. NJ Rich

1 - 20 of 30 Posts