Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just updated my blog and thought I'd share the extra content with everybody here! Downloadable PDF recipe and instructions to make your own Sleepy-Time Tincture! You can find my post >>HERE<<
Hope everyone is doing okay! Sleep well!

·
Registered
4,630 Posts
Just updated my blog and thought I'd share the extra content with everybody here! Downloadable PDF recipe and instructions to make your own Sleepy-Time Tincture! You can find my post >>HERE<<
Hope everyone is doing okay! Sleep well!
Thanks for posting!
I would not want several tea lights burning unenclosed next to where I sleep though. Bad idea...
We have catnip growing wild everywhere and sometimes I make some catnip tea. Have you heard anyone thinking this is not a good idea?
Valerian tea is also helpful to me...

·
keep it simple and honest
3,809 Posts
your site seems like a marketing for the herbal place. And, when do you sleep if you post at 4:26 am?

·
Banned
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
......marketing for the herbal place. And, when do you sleep if you post at 4:26 am?
@anniew :

That page, yes, I was pretty over-linking! Thank you for the feedback! Every once in a while I like to spread the "herbal goodness" to folks, as it were. Did you get an opportunity to read my other blog posts? Herbs are important to me, but so wellness in general, and I'm sorry if you were turned off by that one post. I do invite you to read others to get a clearer picture of my blog! As for posting late, it was not 4:26 AM here, it was actually 1:26 (I assume you are on the East Coast somewhere by that time difference?) I was up because Makeesha needed her Trazodone and Gabapentin and needed to go outside to go potty! Her blood work came back and she definitely has Pancreatic Cancer, aside from her other hip issues (German Shepards, right?). Taking her "out" isn't as simple as opening the door anymore. I sewed up a sling to help support her, as first her rear legs, and now her front legs are weak and I can tell she gets frustrated she cannot play anymore. She is always so happy, but I am finding the sorrow filling up some of the hours of the day... Even though I just began the #bellyburn30daychallenge this month, I am finding these last few days extremely upsetting and difficult. A pet with failing health issues is, for me, like losing a family member to some. But I do appreciate the feedback and hope your day goes wonderful! Like butter dripping off a hot biscuit!

·
Banned
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
tea lights burning......catnip growing wild.......good idea?
Valerian tea...
Ah! I can see the misrepresentation! The tea lights are for when you are in a bath! If I take a relaxing bath, I like to shut off all the lights and light candles! That is awesome that you've got that everywhere where you are! Catnip tea is useful to treat nervousness and anxiety, and can be used to calm down a restless body, aid in treating indigestion, and can also bring reliefs to cramping in some people! Yay Catnip!

·
Registered
2,770 Posts
Sir,
I am sorry to hear about your dog, pets certainly are family members here too. Heart break, perhaps some rose tea to help? Forgive me if I am overstepping I am a novice herbalist, only self taught through reading and I am still learning in a big way. But I think I remember rose is for matters of the heart. I also recently learned that Rudolf Steiner determined that Rose is the closest smell to the spiritual world.
I appreciate your posts.

·
Registered
4,630 Posts
@anniew :

That page, yes, I was pretty over-linking! Thank you for the feedback! Every once in a while I like to spread the "herbal goodness" to folks, as it were. Did you get an opportunity to read my other blog posts? Herbs are important to me, but so wellness in general, and I'm sorry if you were turned off by that one post. I do invite you to read others to get a clearer picture of my blog! As for posting late, it was not 4:26 AM here, it was actually 1:26 (I assume you are on the East Coast somewhere by that time difference?) I was up because Makeesha needed her Trazodone and Gabapentin and needed to go outside to go potty! Her blood work came back and she definitely has Pancreatic Cancer, aside from her other hip issues (German Shepards, right?). Taking her "out" isn't as simple as opening the door anymore. I sewed up a sling to help support her, as first her rear legs, and now her front legs are weak and I can tell she gets frustrated she cannot play anymore. She is always so happy, but I am finding the sorrow filling up some of the hours of the day... Even though I just began the #bellyburn30daychallenge this month, I am finding these last few days extremely upsetting and difficult. A pet with failing health issues is, for me, like losing a family member to some. But I do appreciate the feedback and hope your day goes wonderful! Like butter dripping off a hot biscuit!

I am so sorry to hear of your pup's situation. I know what you are dealing with and will keep the both of you in my prayers.

How old is Makeesha? I was in the onocology division at our vet clinic in the big city from 11:00 am to after 5:00 pm yesterday trying to determine if our pup has cancer or some degenerative disease.
Stay strong now and cry later... That's the best support that I can give...

·
Banned
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Thank you for your love and support. It is appreciated....

Currently, glucose monitoring is our highest priority, as well as CBD for pain management. Homemade bone broth with, yes, rosehips, as well as comfrey and ginger.

You are correct - rosehips are good for osteoarthritis....

She's been with us for 10+ years,... she was a teenager when we rescued her...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts