Homesteading Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
36,826 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have to say there is more I do not understand than I do about Sweden. That said, I do wonder how the US would fare governed in a way similar to Sweden.

STOCKHOLM, Sweden (AFP) — Sweden’s Prime Minister-elect Magdalena Andersson on Wednesday handed in her resignation hours after being appointed by parliament, after her budget failed to pass and the junior Green Party quit the coalition government.​
While her stint was unexpectedly brief, Andersson made history by becoming the first woman elected to the post of prime minister in Sweden — she was to formally take over on Friday.​
The 54-year-old economist who has served as finance minister for the past seven years said she hoped to be elected to the position again soon as the head of a minority government made up of only the Social Democrats.​
“There is a constitutional practice that a coalition government should resign when one party quits,” Andersson, a Social Democrat, told reporters.​
“I don’t want to lead a government whose legitimacy will be questioned.”​

·
STILL not Alice
21,735 Posts
Darn. I thought this was going to be much different.

I grew up in Chicago's northside Scandinavian neighborhood, Andersonville. I love all things Scandihoofian, including limpa bread, pepperkakor, Dala horses, and pickled herring.

Disappointed...

·
STILL not Alice
21,735 Posts
Reactions: 67drake

·
Registered
656 Posts
Yumpin, Yimminy.... It has been so many years since I have had lutefisk.... DO miss that..
Growing up where the Scandinavians and Germans from Russia, Volksdeiuch immigrants settled.. I miss the mix of cultures.. From lukefisk, liver sausage I can't think of the word right now but not liverwurst, and little pasteries with jam in the middle.. All this and so much more..

Reactions: Pony

·
STILL not Alice
21,735 Posts
Pickled herring, I thought I was the only one. Mmmmm A local bar always stocks their salad bar with it. I always eat a full plate, then start in on my salad.
I miss real pickled herring. Best I can do in this area is some jarred stuff that is sugared so heavily, they should put it in the candy section. Blech.

First thing to eat after we finish the New Year countdown, to ensure a prosperous new year.

Sure, I eat black-eyed peas and ham, and I know better than to eat poultry on New Years Day (if you do, you'll scratch all year for your food!) But the first food of the new year should always be fish. :)

This probably isn't where you wanted to see the thread go, @HDRider. But you did ask why I was disappointed.

Reactions: 67drake

·
Registered
21,976 Posts
She is a leftist who sided with other leftists for support but most Swedes are tired of living with leftist policies. Her approach was more spending and immigration but Sweden has had problems with Muslim immigrants assaulting women. They are a lot like our country right now. They have different leftist groups, each with their own pet wants, and it is hard to get all of them to agree.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts