Homesteading Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,937 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
to find that I am only just writing my Christmas cards LOL

Because we always hand make our cards, it takes quite a while to make them, and THEN of course they have to be written ;)

DD got them made before Christmas, but we were running out of time and I decided to send "hope you HAD a Happy Christmas" cards instead :)

So I am sitting one side of the dining table writing cards, and DD is sitting the other writing her "thank you" letters. It is actually very restful as, rather than the usual hastily scribbled "hope you have a good year" or its equivalent, I have time to actually write a note to each person with a little update on what we are doing etc etc.

In fact I am tempted to make a new tradition of it. Like I say, my family won't be in the least surprised - they never expect the "normal" from me anyway :D

hoggie

·
Registered
236 Posts
You sound like my husband's sister. We always get a card with a news letter in Jan. We know not to expect the "normal" from her. In order to be irreplaceable one must always be different.

·
plains of Colorado
4,176 Posts
I have a very good friend who always send them after xmas and I love hearing from her...it doesn't matter when.

·
Premium Member
15,981 Posts
I've made Christmas cards too. People usually love them, esp when I drew pictures on a little 3 x 5 jigsaw puzzle.

Why don't you make a wood cut or lino cut, or something like that? Each would be an original, but still much faster than starting from scratch with each.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts