Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
About an hour ago I walked into my laundry room to see my dog sitting in his bed with the plastic pieces of a cloth harness. I searched everywhere for the rest of it but I couldn’t find any sign of it. I’m guessing he ate it... it’s a pretty large harness made out of pretty much leash material and it’s very thin. My dog is about 75 pounds. What should I do? I don’t wanna take him to the vet right now due to the COVID-19 pandemic. What should my next steps be? Is it worth it to go to the vet?

·
Be powerful. No other option exists.
39,097 Posts
It will probably pass. We had a dog who ate a WHOLE bath towel. It passed. Nast, but passed.

·
Registered
10,911 Posts
Yup - it'll pass. Years ago, a neighbor's basset hound ate a pair of pantie hose. I walked in her kitchen as she was pulling a leg out of his neither end....ewwww.

·
Dallas
13,823 Posts
Keep an eye on the dog, if it seems in distress or it tries and can't pass it, then take it to the vet - otherwise I personally would wait.
BTW Our vet is open and wearing a mask and gloves (had to take our dog in last week)

·
Shazbot!
5,053 Posts
Loss of appetite followed by vomiting would be the most likely sign of distress with a blockage.

My bet is it will pass. Good luck!

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Call the vet, let them know what happened, but keep an eye on the dog for signs of distress. The Vet may be able to prescribe a laxative or some other easy solution.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts