Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
writing some wrongs
6,873 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sometimes it seems that I get no respect from these little rascals.

But according to my kids, I'm the best cook in the world, I sew really well, I'm a mighty fine writer, and a great mom. They exaggerate. :)

Today I sat on my bed with all the GS stuff spread out, trying to make some plans and get ideas for next year - I'm taking over the leader position. For the past 6 years I've been co-leader. DD came in and said what I already knew, she was unhappy with her GS experience last year (new troop, we moved here a year ago) and...said..."I'm SO glad you're our leader now, mom! Now we can have a GOOD year!"

And on a recent trip to the GS council store she insisted that I buy her a "fun patch" for the back of her vest that said "My Mom is a Leader." I was sewing the patches she earned last year onto her vest tonight and asked her where that one should go. "Somewhere people will notice," she said.

That's kind of odd for her -- she wouldn't have said that last year, or ever before, I don't think. She even said once, a couple years ago that she wished I wasn't the co-leader because she wanted time on her own without me around all the time. I just think it's unusual for an 11 year old, a girl about to enter those "pretend you don't know me" years!

I am humbled and blushing. I hope I can live up to her belief in me!

·
Registered
5,499 Posts
Awww Edayna, how neat!

·
Registered
948 Posts
That's just wonderful, edayna! I suspect she's been doing some thinking about you going back to work, and just wants you to know she, like, loves you and stuff. :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts