My Christmas present is oozing, eeewwww!!!

Discussion in 'Countryside Families' started by tinetine'sgoat, Dec 24, 2006.

1. tinetine'sgoat

tinetine'sgoat Luvin' my family in MO

Our Christmas present is starting to ooozzzzee on us!! :p My MIL,FIL bought us two pregnant boer goats for Christmas and we knew that they could possibly have December babies, but that he wasn't exactly sure when they were bred. Well Thursday Freckles was showing a little mucus, and stood up and a big glump dropped. YEAH, looked like mucus plug. So I moved her and our other pregnant gal to the kidding area and we have been keeping an eye on her. Today we got home from church and she is stringing now, so we will wait and see, I'm shooting for our Christmas present to pop out a couple more on Christmas day!! How great would that be!! :dance:

2. swampgirl

swampgirl Well-Known Member

Wow! That will be a great present. Thanks to all the goat people who take time to post their news. It is truly appreciated by me. I have no goats of my own at this time, so I live vicariously through y'all. & I'm loving it!

3. Fla Gal

Fla Gal Bunny Poo Monger Supporter

Uhmmm.. How did I know this thread would be about one of your goats about to give birth? What a great Christmas present. I'm happy for you.

Congrats on the new one to be. I hope all goes well. :)

4. Sherrynboo

Sherrynboo Well-Known Member Supporter

I bet she delivers tonight! Merry Christmas, nothing better than new babies!

Sherry in Ga

5. manygoatsnmore

manygoatsnmore Well-Known Member Supporter

How wonderful! I have another month to wait for our first goat babies...hope everything goes well and you have some beautiful kids (of the gender of your choice) on the ground soon.

6. Anita in NC

Anita in NC Well-Known Member

That would be so cool!

7. nduetime

nduetime I am a Christian American Supporter

Keep us posted and do not forget pics of the babes. I have to wait til third week of January for my first ones to start showing up. What a nice christmas present that would be!

8. patnewmex

patnewmex Jane of all trades

What is Stringing? (I've always wanted goats!!!)

Pat

P.S.Congrats!

9. sancraft

sancraft Well-Known Member

Are you a new mommy yet?

10. tinetine'sgoat

No new ones yet, momma is still having discharge, but it is still clear. The stringing she had is mucus hanging from rumpus to floor. She is stretching and kinda rockin' from side to side, so she is trying to get them put in position. I'm hoping she is gonna have them around 1-2 in the warmest part of the day. Merry Christmas to everyone by the way!! :)

11. GoldenWood Farm

GoldenWood Farm Legally blonde! Supporter

Any christmas presents yet? :cute:

MotherClucker

12. tinetine'sgoat

I just got in from checking her and she has some blood streaks now in her discharge so we are hoping she is getting close. We have no idea how she kids, cause the guy we bought her from pretty much let them fend for themselves. Hopefully we will know more soon. :hobbyhors

13. GoldenWood Farm

GoldenWood Farm Legally blonde! Supporter

Oh my.....you are making ME want to start pacing around :help: :p . Hope she kids well for you. Sounds like she is REAL close to giving birth. Hope you don't mind if I say this....but if you are not sure how well she doesk kidding I would stay with her until she kids or at least check on her lots (I am sure you are already doing this as it sounds like it from your posts :) ). I hope I wasn't being rude or pretences(sp).......

Here is to a happy and healthy kidding!

14. Pony

Pony STILL not Alice Supporter

Any news?

Pony!

15. patnewmex

patnewmex Jane of all trades

let us hope she is helping/watching the delivery and has no time to post!!

16. Burbsteader

Burbsteader Well-Known Member

MY first thought was the jello mold! :D
    (National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation)

Please let us know what happens. I'd like to have Nigerian Dwarfs or Cheviot sheep someday. :)
    Learn something new everyday. First thread I've read and already I've learned about strings. lol

17. tinetine'sgoat

She is the worlds slowest goat. :flame: She is still producing clear goo, and is rubbing on fences, but is very quiet and calm. Her goo does have some blood streaks in it on occassion, which I am not overly concerned with as long as she is acting fine and the goo isn't all red. I will take a pic of her a little later on and let you see how she looks. GIVE ME MY BABIES YOU SILLY GOAT!!!! :grump: