Homesteading Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,066 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Her name is Sally but I call her Boo-boo. She woke me up at 6 am again. She wanted to play. While I am making coffee she is purring so loud I can hear her practically across the room. We played with her new favorite toy, a stick, she just loves the thing. Its silly but I guess because she is an indoor cat that its special to her.
She really likes to sit in my chair here in front of the computer. I can get up just for a second and she is in my seat so fast I have almost sat on her when I go to sit down again.
Well she got her morning attention for now and she is off in another room looking out the window.
I have had her now for gee, It will be 2 years this coming spring. She was abandoned and basically a nervious wreck of a cat. Her newest accomplishment is trusting me enough to rub her belly. But still hates being picked up.
Last night I droped a pan lid onto the stove top and she didnt freak off and run to hide. Its just so cool to see these little steps she get twards not being terrified of everything.
LOL now she is zooming down the hallway from one window to another & back. I think I might have to rename her Silly Sally Boo-boo.

·
Registered
6,089 Posts
Isn't it fun to watch an animal progress that has been through a hard time. I had this experience with an 8 month old filly I purchased many years ago. She came to me with whip marks and rope burns all over her little skin and bones body. She became a sweet, calm horse.

Thank you for rescueing her and teaching her to trust.

·
Registered
24,108 Posts
Sumer, it sounds like Boo-boo has settled into a very safe and loving home :)

·
Registered
2,066 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
& Thank you for helping a horse. Omg that is just too much to even comprehend, someone whipping and mistreating a baby horse.
Yep I think that is one of the coolest things about me adopting her. Watching her change from totally terrified about everything and becomeing calmer.
Boo-boo had another accomplishment last week too. For the first time ever I saw her food dish empty and she was not right there freaking out about it. Was empty again this morning and again she didnt freak out. She wanted to play instead. This is a cat that couldnt even stand the white of the bowl showing thru the food that was in there. She is begining to trust that it will get filled when its empty.

·
I love South Dakota
5,320 Posts
Laser pens make good exercise equipment. I have four house cats, and if they hear the "click" of the pen, they come running.

With it so cold, they don't go out much and this way DH can run them around for half an hour (or until they get tired and stop) easily. Usually by the time he is done he's laughing so hard his belly hurts.

The cats all know what is going on. If DH shuts off the pen, they will come and look at him. But they all just love chasing it. Over the years I've only had a few cats with no interest in chasing the red dot.

Cathy

·
Registered
2,066 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I forgot all about laser pens and cats. LOL She would love it, gunna have to find one. From what I was told she was a good mouser, even catching rats when she was on her own.
My son is the one who plays chase the shoelace with her and he is the same way, belly laughing while playing with her. Love that too, Even though he isnt a kid anymore its so cute.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts