my beautiful tomato plants

Discussion in 'Gardening & Plant Propagation' started by mamabear, Nov 18, 2005.

1. mamabear

mamabear Well-Known Member

I had planted some mustard seed from a new seed packet in a container so I might have some greens at arms reach in the house this winter. What I got is the most beautiful tomato plants and they are now blooming! Hopefully I will have some fresh tomatoes with Christmas dinner. :rock:
    I reckon I can't be disappointed about the mustard, when I have such a wonderful alternative. :D
    mamabear

2. Cyngbaeld

Cyngbaeld In Remembrance Supporter

Too funny! Reminds me of a video I saw a while back where these two old guys were gardening for the first time. They had all these seeds that were supposed to be a variety of plants. But they were all corn.

I would definitely enjoy tomatoes more than mustard!

3. rzrubek

rzrubek Flying Z

That sounds like "Second Hand Lions", Good movie!! I planted a bunch of Roma tomatoes in my fall garden and i am getting tons of cherry tomatoes!! ARGHH!! :grit: Their good, but i wanted Romas' for a reason :(

4. Cyngbaeld

Cyngbaeld In Remembrance Supporter

That was it! 'Second Hand Lions'. I don't care much for movies but that one was really good.

5. mightybooboo

mightybooboo Well-Known Member

Oh yes,that was a good one!

BooBoo

6. Sueanne

Sueanne New Member

rzrubek......I planted Romas' this summer was able to freeze them whole for my recipes this winter. Can even grate them frozen for salads. They are best for making spaghetti sauce. Did not give me any problems with disease either.
    _________
    Sueanne