My basement drain won't drain...is there an easy way to find the dry well?

Discussion in 'Homesteading Questions' started by Terri, Apr 9, 2005.

1. Terri

Terri Singletree & Weight Loss & Permaculture Moderator Staff Member Supporter

In my neighborhood, the garage drains drain into a dry well, or so I have been told.

Trouble is, we can't find ours and the drain won't drain. We have dug around the foundation some, but we cannot find it. We can shove a roto-rooter doohicky in around a bend in the drain, and get some tree roots, but it still doesn't drain. We got the professional roto rooter folks out, also, with no better results. WE just need to get the dry well working again.

The neighbors do not remember where there's were located. They all had this done, but there's were done many years ago and they have forgotten where the thing was located.

Any advice?

2. Terri

Terri Singletree & Weight Loss & Permaculture Moderator Staff Member Supporter

3. mtman

mtman Well-Known Member

they dont have to many turns in those wich way is the pie heading look around that direction outside have you had a lot of rain could it be full if its not hooked to a storm sewer

4. ttryin

ttryin Well-Known Member

The building department where original permits were issued should have some records. Also, if that fails, maybe try water/sewer department, if they apply in your location. Next, try contacting the original builder or the original plumber.

Good luck! t.