Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My youngest daughter is 40 years old today or will be at 14 minutes before midnight. Gosh it doesn't seem like forty years since I held that wriggling little rascal in my arms the first time. She has grown into a fine young woman, a good wife and mother and a loving daughter. I am very proud of her. Can you tell? LOL

southrngardngal-Jan

·
USMC can't fix stupid(s)
2,736 Posts
happy birthday, to both of you!!
my oldest is 27, seems like yesterday he and his bros and sis were born.
time flies, eh?
celebrate tonite!!

·
Suburban Homesteader
2,558 Posts
I turned 44 this year, and asked my mom how it felt to know that her youngest was only 6 years away from getting her AARP card :eek:die:

Of course, *I* can't believe I'm only 6 years away from getting my AARP card!

L

·
0 Posts
MariaAZ said:
I turned 44 this year, and asked my mom how it felt to know that her youngest was only 6 years away from getting her AARP card :eek:die:
:rotfl:

·
Registered
264 Posts
My daughter Sophia just turned 4 and I thought that was crazy...It does seem to go by waaaaayyyyyyyyyyy too fast.....even at this age...

L

·
0 Posts
ajaxlucy said:
I once heard my mom say "You know you're getting older when your kids start complaining about their gray hairs."
My brothers (4 and 6 years younger than me), are both going gray. I haven't found a single gray hair, but if I ever do, I'm going to take up hair dying for a hobby. :help:

·
Registered
3,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
:p
ajaxlucy said:
I once heard my mom say "You know you're getting older when your kids start complaining about their gray hairs."
She's a blond and makes regular visits to her hair dresser. :p

Jan

·
Registered
5,499 Posts
southrngardngal said:
She has grown into a fine young woman, a good wife and mother and a loving daughter. I am very proud of her. southrngardngal-Jan
One thing you could do for her is put those words in writing for her to have as a keepsake. Hearing those things from a parent mean so much!

·
Registered
3,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Shepherd said:
One thing you could do for her is put those words in writing for her to have as a keepsake. Hearing those things from a parent mean so much!

I tell them often how proud I am of them and how they have matured into such responsible adults.

That is something that I have never heard from my mother so I try to make sure my children know that I am proud of them.

I also tell them often that I am so glad that God allowed me the privelege of being their mother. And it has been a privelege. Even though when they were all teens at the same time I questioned that. LOL Not really.

Jan

·
Registered
3,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Melissa said:
I am going to turn 40 this year too. I don't feel 40 though. Sometimes I look at my kids and how old they are and wonder how it all happened so fast! I hope your daughter had a great day.
Melissa, age is just a number. LOL I will soon be 62 and though my body knows it my heart and mind still think I am 21. LOL

She called yesterday before I could call her and told me that her daughter went to get breakfast for them. A 15 year old boy ran Meg off the road, still side swiped daughter's vehicle doing damage all the way down the passenger side and blowing out two tires. The boy finally got stopped about a quarter of a mile down the road. Fortunately both are all right. He was out when they got to him but cat scans showed no damage. Meg was sore but other than that she is all right. Thank goodness.

Daughter said it was a birthday she would never forget. I told her that was true and that she can be even more thankful each day that she still has her daughter.

southrngardngal-Jan

·
Registered
5,499 Posts
southrngardngal said:
I tell them often how proud I am of them and how they have matured into such responsible adults.

That is something that I have never heard from my mother so I try to make sure my children know that I am proud of them.

I also tell them often that I am so glad that God allowed me the privelege of being their mother. And it has been a privelege. Even though when they were all teens at the same time I questioned that. LOL Not really.

Jan
My father was good to say those things to me, it's just that now that he's gone, I wish I had a couple notes from him that I could read when I need to hear his voice again.

·
Registered
3,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I understand what you mean. My Dad didn't say a lot but he was always there for us. I don't have any notes or anything from him either. I do have some of his work sheets where he went back to school to get his GED at the age of 60. Those pages are priceless to me.

Jan

1 - 18 of 18 Posts